Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring plant swap- When and Where?

Posted by catnohat (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 8:22

Today is the Equinox, we might as well get started on our planning! Where and when? Did we have a volunteer to host already?

Happy Spring!

~Cat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring plant swap- When and Where?

I had volunteered to host, we're in Arvada (but almost Westminster, not Arvada West), and I'm down for any Saturday in May except for the 10th. My calender indicates that Memorial day is on the 26th this year, but we're not going anywhere, so if everyone is planning on planting out that weekend, maybe the 24th is a good day? Of course, that only works if everything is already hardened off...
Or, earlier? I think the spring swaps maybe are usually a tad earlier; in which case, I'm good with the 17th also.
We'll give it a couple weeks for input and then nail down a date!

o

• Posted by skybird z5, Denver, CO (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 28, 14 at 14:47

Hi Mayberry! Good to hear from you!

I can't make it on the 17th, but any other Saturday is good to go with me, including the 24th/Memorial Day.

I've already potted up a few things from when I was cleaning up the perennials, so I hope I can come, but I'll have at least a few plants there--even if I can't make it.

Will be watching to see when others can come.

Skybird

o

I'll be there! I think any Saturday in May works for me right now. I have them all blocked off for planting anyway :)

-Michelle

o

I am available any Saturday of May as long as I get at least 2 weeks notice. I would rather do earlier than later.

I have potted up a few things already also. I will put a list on the other thread soon.

~Cat

o

• Posted by ZachS z5 Littleton, CO (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 3, 14 at 18:27

As I mentioned in the other thread, May 2, 3, and 4 are out for me for sure. But, I'm not especially looking for plants, just trying to find good homes for all my extras (I don't ever thin, it's a waste of seed if I could otherwise find someone to take the starts.) So, if I don't make it, and somebody wants something of mine I'm sure we could find a way some other time.

o

I am free some but not all Saturdays, and I'm not yet sure which ones will be booked. Hopefully people will settle on a date when I can make it! At this point, it looks like May 3 is the most likely to have a conflict, so hopefully we'll choose some other day besides that one.

This post was edited by polygonum_tinctorium on Wed, Apr 9, 14 at 19:21

o

My work schedule at a nursery in Longmont includes Saturdays. I am so bummed. I was hoping to get to meet all of you. Perhaps when the swap date is set I can trade work days and come!
Smdmt

o

So- we are down to the 24th or the 31st? Either should work for me. Sound off on your preference!

~Cat

o

I won't be in CO on the 31st but can make the 24th.

o

So when and where will the swap occur? I'm free all May for this and I want to bring growy friends! I have single hollyhocks and marguerites.

o

Okay, let's call this one already: How about on the 24th, 11:00 start time, we'll eat and then swap after. I'll start a new thread with the details and folks can touch base on attending. I think there is already a "who's bringing what/wants what" thread going, so I won't reinvent THAT wheel!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here