Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
colokid

laundromat

colokid
14 years ago

Whats laundromat got to go with garden? Nothing, but I guess I will have to take my cloths to a laundromat cause my laundry room is full of plants. Washer and dryer are covered with tomato plants and it will be easier that trying to move them.

Comments (8)

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    14 years ago

I think you qualify for "You might be an obsessed garderer if.....".
    I understand. I have an east facing bay window that I have my seedlings in. I had to buy a plant stand to get them up and out of the kitties way as that's their favorite perch. I have a 20 pound cat that likes to lay on top of the seedlings and I am determined that she not squash them this year.
    We do what we've got to do this time of year. You can live with the laundromat for the next month to 6 weeks, right?
    Barb

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

LOL! I have to admit I was stumped by the heading. Thanks for the laugh.

I am thankful for the deep window above my kitchen sink, which currently houses 21 different kinds of peppers ... and one rosemary plant.

Bonnie

• colokid
    Original Author
    14 years ago

All way, a smile is good.
    I became obsessed with variety check. Last year I planted 2 of each of 16 varieties. All the room I had. I just checked my records and it shows that I have 30 varieties started. Bay window has 4-5gal buckets with tomatoes. I think it is time for them to go. No more room here is town. I have 640 acres way out in the boonies but with no water. I need to find a friend to sub-contract, big grin.
    I have a little 6x10 greenhouse bought, but not up yet, so I am reading every thing i can about them. Watch every thing Dan S says.
    Kennyp, who's legs are gone and can't bend over. Is it possible to use a post hole digger and just "drop" the plant into the hole?

• markmahlum
    14 years ago

Just think of my poor wife. My obsession is mineral collecting. Every window sill, 3 big tables, dressers, breakfast bar, built in shelves, both nightstands and the entire back yard are covered with rocks. I have a 2'x8' sheet of osb across the top of an old church pew, in a south window for seedlings. The rest of our house is owned by two Siberian huskies. That leaves only the laundry closet for us.

I'm just glad that Linda shares my rock obsession and enjoys flower gardening.

Mark

• gardenbutt
    14 years ago

I can understand this one.Last year we had a walking path through the plants in our great room.I may of been a bit over excited planting thousands.This year I am being a bit more in control.I just shoffled my studio shelves around so I had a place to move the 12 flats of peppers and flowers to with lights while we are gone for a couple of days.Next week I will have to shovel another one for the tomatoes and more flowers.At least until I get out and can go through the greenhouse again for the year.
    Mark now your addiction we also live with,, LOL, I live with a mason so our main building material, stone. the power box needed camouflaged in stone,,My gardens no lawn flowers and stone..Vege garden needed a fence of some sort,, stone, all in all we have several hundred tons of stone in the yard.
    The other attachments to minerals, crystals and gems, ummm we both share that.However we have a huge stone wall that we inset most of them into, okay and there may be a few on the side of the beds, the breakfast bar, the trunk table, ummmm the dining table and don't forget a couple of pounds of crystals that sit next to the door next to the candy dish to share with friends..LOL,, dang and well my one other addiction problem beads comes in next, which also has a large collection of minerals, crystals and gemstones,, hmmmmmm

• digit
    14 years ago

Kenny, you've got me beat by 1. And, I have no plans on trying to catch up. There were 2 boxes that didn't get in the picture. There's at least 1 seedling of every variety and every reason to believe that there will be more.

Before I had a greenhouse, my best location for growing plant starts was my laundry room. It was nice and cool and sunny -- did a great job.

Steve

Today, was their 1st day in the sun:
    29 varieties of tomatoes

• colokid
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Steve, I would start one more if I could find it.
    Cowlick, as I am comparing the brandywines. Can't find any seed. I am waiting for my red brandywine to get leaves to see if it is a real red RL, or the not real "red brandywine" potato leaf.
    Gotta get the rototiller going and then set up my little imitation 6 by 10 greenhouse.
    KennyP

• jnfr
    14 years ago

Yay, baby tomato plants!