Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catnohat

Spring Swap 2012 When and Where?

catnohat
12 years ago

I am starting to daydream about the spring swap and was wondering if there was a when and where discussion in the works yet.

My garden (and pathways) are sprouting all these little volunteer baby plants, most of which cannot stay where they are. I cannot bare to just dig and discard them so I have already been potting them up for the swap. (about 25 so far) They are just little guys, but I know they will grow quickly! So far I have potted parsley, snapdragons, asters, and bachelor buttons, with lots more to go!

Cat

Comments (12)

• horse1234massage
    12 years ago

Anyone that wants a northern experience is welcome to come to our 60 acres 8 miles East of Greeley and one mile North of Kersey. Tons of space for kids, cars and swap goodies. May 12th or 19th if you all decide to come.

This is the old luckybottom that had the walking onions at the spring swap a few years back.

End of summer 2011

Walking onions this spring

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    12 years ago

I'd love to come up to visit your ranch, Bonnie! Thank you for posting. Either day works just fine for me so I'll wait to see what works best for others.

I've potted up a few things I didn't want to throw on the compost pile too, Cat!

Skybird

• catnohat
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Can we do the 12th? I can't wait until the 19th! The way things are going, we may be well into summer already by then!

Cat

• mstywoods
    12 years ago

Looks like a lovely place to hold a swap, Bonnie - thanks for being willing to hostess it!! Either date works for me. I'll start making plans to pot up some things, but I should at least be able to bring extra seeds if I don't have seedlings to swap.

Marj

• aloha2009
    12 years ago

What a fun place to have the next swap!

I have to work May 12 but I'm available May 19. Just an FYI reminder that May 13th is Mother's Day. I'm not sure if that would have a positive or negative effect on possible turnout.

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    12 years ago

Bonnie,

Thanks for offering to host! I'm in! I will make either date work.

I've got dahlias, lilies and crocosmia to get potted up for the swap. The tomato seeds just started sprouting. Should have peppers up too in the next week or so and will be bringing some of them as well.

It's so nice to have this to look forward to!

Barb

• kvenkat
    12 years ago

Of the two dates mentioned, I can only do May 12.
    I will be really bummed if I have to miss out.

• polygonum_tinctorium
    12 years ago

Ooh! Cool stuff!

I will try to make either date. Greeley is a ways from Monument, but there are PLANTS involved! If we end up holding it in a more central location, that's cool, too.

Skybird, if you still have any Zauschneria left, I would love another opportunity to get it established in my yard. It will go in a space where it can be invasive if it wants to. So far, it does not seem to have survived the winter.

I have done some winter-sowing and indoor sowing, much of it from seeds provided through previous plant swaps. I'll be bringing seedlings to the swap. Depending on what sprouts, it will be Disco Belle hibiscus, maybe some lavender, sweet williams, calendulas (a couple of different types), several kinds of tomatoes, Japanese indigo (which can indeed be used for indigo dyeing), and several other perennials, annuals, and vegetables. I'm still awaiting seed orders, which will also be shared.

• LesIsMore1
    12 years ago

I wish I could go, but have driving issues with my sleep disorder, in that I never know when I'll be awake enough for long drives. I probably won't have much to swap then either, besides maybe raspberries and some Iris. It would be fun to go and meet some of you all, but I hesitate to commit to anything when a long drive is involved...lol.

Les in Woodland Park

• gjmancini
    12 years ago

Im up for either day. Looking forward to seeing all RMG's again.

• amester
    12 years ago

The 12th is better for me but I can make either one work. My husband and son keep *talking* about going to a swap with me but it hasn't happened yet...if they take a pass this year, I'd be happy to share driving/gas money from south Denver (C470 and Broadway).

I see a few catmint babies, and can always dig up some white yarrow, 'May Night' salvia and red valerian if anyone wants those. I'll keep an eye out for penstemon and will be dividing a few things from the back border (alchemilla for sure so far). Today is yard day so I'll know more shortly!

Already excited - this will BE Mother's Day for me! :)

• Azura
    12 years ago

horse1234massage: Thank you for being gracious enough to host! 60 acres, WOW!
    Amester: I am definitely up for a ride share from the Ranch. Quebec & University here. This way I will have accountability and not talk myself out of the long drive on the day of.
    Skybird: I still owe you an item from your wishlist. What is on your wishlist nowadays?
    I will start potting stuff up!