Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Iris4U in Denver

Posted by steviewonder (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 28, 12 at 11:35

Hey folks, does anyone know the scoop at the Iris4U place for 2012? I remember (and see, still, on their website) that they had limited their business for 2011 but was wondering what's happening now.
Steviewonder

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Iris4U in Denver

Here I am replying to my own question. It looks like they have moved a lot of their action to Facebook! Fabulous photos of some of their iris and their FB page says they will be open for business again May 19th.
:-)
Steviewonder

o

Have you been there before? It's amazing! Makes you want to take a shovel and an empty truck... :)

o

Iris4u Iris Garden will open on May 5th

o

Uh oh - I just took a look at the iris4u website, and think I'm in trouble! Their gardens look beautiful in the photos, so I am definitely going to have to check them out in person. I've always loved iris, but even more so now that I've a garden I can grow them in. This year, all of the ones I have are blooming and it's so delightful! I'm especially enjoying the ones that have fragrance, because I always assumed iris's didn't have a scent. The Jungle Princess I got at a swap 2 falls ago is fabulous, both in color and perfume - absolutely lovely. I have a Midnight Fragrance iris I got at that same swap that will be blooming soon, so excited to find out what it's scent is like. Whoever brought them to that swap (sorry I don't remember!), thank you!!

So, yeah, I am hooked on iris for sure!!! I can tell my pocketbook is going to be a bit lighter after visiting iris4u :^D

o

Mstywoods, I'm with you in being hooked on iris. I always forget the number of varieties of blooms that I have in my yard. I'm determined to take pictures of them this year and plot them on a drawing of my yard so that I'll know which variety I'm dividing when it comes time.

Both of my daughters are in college and away for Mother's Day this year, so I've requested that my husband join me at iris4u. I'm so looking forward to it.

I looked up your varieties and absolutely love the Jungle Princess! Nice that it's both beautiful and fragrant.

Connie

o

As this thread was questioning the availabilty of the iris4u website in 2012,

I would like to inform you that the new website with the latest 2013 introductions is online now.

Regards
binaryiris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here