Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gjmancini

Spring Swap

gjmancini
11 years ago

Hi everyone, I haven't been on for awhile, have we opened the topic for spring swap yet? Dates? Whose hosting? I have cabin fever and am so ready for spring. Just got my irrigation system put in. yeah....

Gloria

Comments (7)

• gjcore
    11 years ago

This is first mention as far as I know about a spring swap. I'm probably interested depending on the date.

Yes it's good that spring is just about here, I think it starts tomorrow.

Good deal on your irrigation system. I know I'd struggle without mine and it looks like most of Denver metro is going to the next level of water restrictions which is 2 days per week. It is fine by me even with my sandy soil.

• catnohat
    11 years ago

Happy spring everyone! I have got the fever! (you can tell by the way my garden board on pinterest if doubling in size) I am ready to plan for the spring swap, ummm just not at my house! lol

• h_geist
    11 years ago

Bonnie apparently is having trouble posting to the forum, so she sent an email directly to the folks who were at the spring swap last year. Most of her email followsâ¦

My Spring Swap will be Saturday, May 11th noon
    North of Kersey, 8 miles east of Greeley .
    Pot luck: We will offer ice tea, coffee, electricity (should you need to keep something warm). Our contribution to the pot luck will be a roast with gravy over rice.

If you don't have things to swap you can still come! There's been more than enough in the past for everyone. This email has been sent to those who emailed last year. Please reach out to others and let them know they are invited (friends, family or others on the forum). Please ask them to email me directly so I can get a feel for how many are coming and send them directions. If you RSVP, I will send weekly email up-dates. I am having this event, rain or shine, even if the forum decides to have another one.

Getting together is the real fun of it, Bonnie
    cutting@mcclureranch.com

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    11 years ago

Gloria,

Awesome job! You post and hours later the swap is set.

Bonnie, thank you so much for offering to host. Last year's spring swap was wonderful! Just watching the foals was worth the drive. I think we're all in the mood for spring!

I've started earmarking a few things, the usual dahlias , peppers, tomatoes. I think I'll bring a couple of tree seedlings, too.

Thanks for giving us something to look forward to, since it looks like winter is making a return in a few days. Bring on the moisture please!

Barb

• gjcore
    11 years ago

It would be better if Bonnie could log into the forums. Maybe I'll email her and see if I can figure out what's wrong.

• aloha2009
    11 years ago

I can't believe my back luck and the swap dates. I think I'll have most of my garden in by the time I get to another swap at the rate I've been able to attend (I've missed 3 out of the last 4).

Here's keeping my fingers crossed for the fall swap. Have fun everyone!

• Lesuko
    11 years ago

I would love to join the spring swap. I attended my first swap last fall. If my starts start, I should have some plants to bring.

Please keep me us posted.
    Thanks.