Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
as of just today

Posted by digit ID/WA (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 16:17

There are no seedlings in the house!

There are no boxes of soil mix on top of the fridge! Oh, I'll bring the ones that are still trying to make sprouts back this evening because the greenhouse thermostat will be set to 60oF by sundown.

Right now, it is 78o in the greenhouse with 53o outdoors, semi-haze, sunshine from waaay up in the sky, and big, billowy clouds!

I left the greenhouse furnace on last night.

That little old newspaper covered table is going out! Then, I'm going to feel so

Steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: as of just today

• Posted by gjcore 5 South Aurora Co. (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 29, 13 at 19:30

I wish I had the seedlings out of the house but it probably won't happen for at least 5 weeks. I've had my 5 shelf grow area filled with cuttings and seedlings since November. In fact I'll probably be adding more cuttings and seed containers in the morning. Moving everything out into the coldframes as fast as I can.

o

Greg, the high temperature yesterday (61oF) was the warmest so far this year. Average for the day was 7o above normal and the forecast is for that just to keep going up! Sunshine all week!

Since the high bench in the greenhouse is fast filling up with plants coming out of their community containers and going into 4 & 6 packs, I moved what has been in the unheated greenhouse for the winter (rosemary) and the last 6 weeks (onions) out into the new shed attached hoop house:

Steve

o

Those west-slopers, always rubbing it in.

BTW, I just got a FB post from our NWS office, runoff numbers continue looking grim, so I don't even have that to rub in...

o

Dano, it kind of looks like there's a gradient of snow pack from 100% of normal at the Canadian border to about 90% here and I bet it just keeps falling as one goes south.

We actually had a dry winter with only about 1/2 the precip for March as usual. This was a relief in one way in that there were some sunny days in contrast to March 2012 with its record rainfall.

Anyway, we've had ONE 70o day! The 46o this morning might have been the warmest morning of the year . . . not much to crow about so far. And, now lots of clouds, a little rain and plenty of wind!

I was just noticing that the tomatoes in the greenhouse already look a little light-deprived. Shoot!

digitS'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here