Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
First mail order of the season

Posted by treebarb Z5 CO (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 22:36

I ordered some tree seedlings from the U. of Idaho back in October and got the email confirmation that they'll be here Thursday. I'm so excited! In ground planting is out right now, it's far too muddy here. I'll be potting up trees inside this weekend and storing them in an outbuilding for the time being. Here's what's coming:

5 Douglas-fir, Rocky Mtn - SuperStock
5 Pine, Ponderosa - SuperStock
10 Pine, Pinyon
5 Juniper, Rocky Mtn
5 Hackberry, Common
5 Cherry, Choke-
5 Maple, Bigtooth

I have another, smaller order coming from Musser Forest in Michigan later this month and 4 tubes from forestfarm after that.

What have you got coming in mail order?

Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First mail order of the season

• Posted by jnfr z5b CO (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 17:24

I've ordered pepper plants but they're not due in till mid-May. I'll be starting my tomatoes and eggplants from seed pretty soon, though.

o

It's hard to have the planting bug take hold when it's still winter outside! Good luck with your tomatoes and eggplants, jnfr! I'm starting my tomatoes and peppers this coming week.The trays are filled and ready to go.

I potted up 5 trees last night and another 5 this morning.It feels good to have my hands in potting mix, real dirt will come soon. This is wet snow and we'll be muddy for a week I'd guess. I'm grateful for it!

My lord, the wind is blowing here. Stay safe and warm!

Barb

o

Just a couple days ago I got some new seeds. Gonna start some new tomatoes along with green Thai eggplants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here