Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Raspberries.

Posted by gjmancini 5Co (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 29, 09 at 7:16

I posted on the thread for the swap looking for raspberries, got some last swap that didnt make it. So if anyone has any please let me know. Ill be bringing tomatoes, and lambsear to the swap, and possibly some other misc. So I started my potager garden, just planted a couple of apple trees and am very excited about the lasagna beds I started last year. (They shrunk terribly, but are looking beautiful)black gold, texas tea! Ha. Any ways looking to add some nice raspberries to the potager. Am very excited to reunite with the RMG clubbers.

Gloria

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Raspberries.

I'll try to pot some if you wish. I bought Fall Gold and Caroline last summer. They were mislabeled, so I don't know what is growing where - they haven't fruited yet - but they are spreading like weeds.

o

That would be awesome, thank you.

o

I can try to pot some up too.

I don't know what kind they are but they make for good eatin'!

J

o

I have some as well. they are mainly heritage. they bloom 2 times/ season, but I usually only get late berries because there is always a late snow that gets the first set of flowers.
I can wait till the swap to dig them if you want or try to pot them
I got them originally from my mom in MN and they survived the trip from there to here in early spring so I would think if they were kept wet, they would make it the day of the swap.

o

I was reading another thread that said to wait until just before the swap, dig and then wrap in moist newspaper??

I thought I would try that since my potting up failed...

Since the stuff is spreading like mint in my garden, I thought this would easier then it's becoming.

I haven't given up yet. This can not be rocket science.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here