Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
digit_gw

GW foolin'

digit
12 years ago

This will be a rant:

A month or so ago, I reported on the little icon that suddenly showed up for the RMG link in my Bookmark Toolbar. That is about the only thing that has happened in all the years I've been on GW that made things a little easier. I mean, I can see the icon easier and visit here quickly, at odd moments.

My eyesight hasn't gotten any worse. In fact, a couple of years ago, the eye MD reduced the strength of my lens; telling me that my eyes had actually improved!!

What I do usually is not wear glasses indoors and hardly need to wear them for driving - telephone book reading is another story. With internet use, usually I just increase the text size - simple, press Ctrl Shift +, maybe twice. I might have trouble using an Ipad but this is a 19" monitor . . . I'm sitting a good 2 feet from the screen.

So, why did GW take up the entire screen plus more yesterday!?? I had to slide the bar back and forth to read any post or reduce the text size nearly to below phonebook size!

A week ago, I tried to post and got a "you will have to sign in" notice! Then I couldn't sign in!

Believe it or not -- I finally opened another GW account. Yeah, if you see a "digitS" who posts here, you'll know who he is! Afterward, suddenly "digit" was signed in again.

Bad enuf that editing is impossible and that we have to use stand-on-our-head html code to post a picture or put in an in-text link!

And, where is that "this link may be helpful" box?? Does 10% of the GW community even know that it usually doesn't show up on the original post but magically makes an appearance on Preview?!

I am not very high-tech and use only a few forums. GW is owned by NBCUniversal - headquartered at Rockefeller Plaza in the GE building!

dititS'

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz