Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mstywoods

Snowing in Westminster

mstywoods
13 years ago

Woohoo - it's snowing in Westminster! I've been in CO for about 5 years now, but the weather here still amazes me. Of course, the snow isn't sticking - but still. It was near 70 a couple of days ago, you know. I think it has snowed on or near Easter every year I've been here so far.

We got some rain here on Thursday, so the plants are loving it. This bit of snow will help as well.

Where else is it snowing today?!

Marj

Comments (12)

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    13 years ago

VERY light snow over here too, Misty! On radar it looks like there's a little line of "weather" running right between you and me right now! Not enough right now to do any good, but with "chances" all weekend, I'm hopin' for enough precip of some sort to help.

No outside gardening today!

Skybird

• jnfr
    13 years ago

Yeah, I'm in Westy too, and it was cute to see but didn't amount to much. But I have seen heavy snows even into May some years, so nothing in spring surprises me any more (I've been in CO 21 years now, and used to live up in the foothills).

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    13 years ago

I've been in Colorful Colorado 47 years, Jnfr! Saw snow up in Evergreen in JUNE once! No surprises left here either!

The sun's out now!

Skybird

• oakiris
    13 years ago

Spring time in the Rockies!

It made an effort to snow earlier this morning where I live in Westminster, but was not very successful - just a few desultory flakes for about 5 or 10 minutes, and then the sun came out about 45 minutes later. I managed to do a (very little) bit of weeding before I had to leave for work.

The "always accurate" meteorologists are still predicting rain and/or snow for the next few days; I know we can use the moisture, but I was really hoping for a nice weekend (Monday & Tuesday for me) as I have a ton of work I wanted to do in my yard. Oh well, my list will still be waiting when the weather improves.

Holly

• mstywoods
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yea, it didn't last too long where I live either. Was kinda fun, though.

Just checked the weather and looks like it may get down to 29 tonight in Denver area. Guess I better bring in some of my seedlings I've had outside lately!! i've had a time getting some things started - left them out one day and looked like they got too much sun or wind, and some didn't make it. Then I started some more and had them in my mini-greenhouse shelf thing, but the wind rattled it a bit even though I had it tied down and some of the cups got knocked over and spilled out. So had to start those over again :^( Hope I have better luck with the ones I have now!!!!

• jnfr
    13 years ago

In 47 years, Skybird, I am sure you've seen it all!

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

Had light snow in Wheat Ridge too, then it was all over. Wet ground here this morning as well, I guess no matter how late Easter is it's still going to snow!!

• david52 Zone 6
    13 years ago

We're forecast to get down to 19F on Tuesday night.

Honest, I didn't want any fruit this year anyway........

• b2alicia
    13 years ago

Oh my! Really? That's just wild. So after I read your post, I checked the 5-day forecast for Westminster. Mine says 33 degrees, but that's still way cold.

• dsieber
    13 years ago

No snow last night which was predicted. A little bit of drizzle this afternoon.

• highalttransplant
    13 years ago

We had a rain/snow mix yesterday morning, but mostly it's just been rain, and lots of it lately. The moisture is great, but it's supposed to clear out Tuesday night, and the temps are supposed to drop into the mid-20's. Like David, I am concerned about my fruit trees.

• david52 Zone 6
    13 years ago

Two inches of snow on the ground this morning.