Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skybirdforever

I'm tired of SNOW!

OMG! It's snowing so hard up here (120th & Colo. Blvd.) that I can hardly see across the street at times! It's been snowing less than a half an hour and the grass is almost completely hidden already! Every week!!! When it was "winter" it seemed like spring most of the time--and now that it's "spring" it's like we're in the Dead of Winter!

Not that I'm complaining about the precip, but couldn't it at least be RAIN! It IS SPRING after all!

Heard on the weather earlier today that most of the mountains are--finally--up to 100% or near it for snowpack. The drainage for southeast Colorado is still low. Could we maybe send our snow out to the mountains that provide summer water for our southwestern Colorado friends?!!

Anybody else around here getting REALLY tired of the White Stuff?

Skybird

P.S. Yeah, I know! In a month or two I'll be b*tchin' about the lack of precip!

Comments (8)

• lizbest1
    11 years ago

Absolutely! When will winter end????!!!!

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    11 years ago

I'm with you, girl. I am sick of mud and cold. I am grateful for the moisture, but, ...Uncle! Looks like it's going to warm up nice if we can just hang on a couple of days.

Barb

• digit
    11 years ago

From up here . . .

I was just looking thru a Snotel map where you can hover the cursor over the locations and I'm wondering what was it about a dry winter down south?? Your mountains certainly have been catching up with normals!

Blue sky day! A high of 51o!

Steve

• WxDano
    11 years ago

Just recently we've had a ton of snow in the mountains, Steve. It's also come with a lot of dust and will go soon, and the way it fell contributed to the big (deadly) landslides too. The water managers were freaking out even as recently as two weeks ago.

• david52 Zone 6
    11 years ago

All that dust came from here. :-)

We missed all these last storms - just got the wind. so we're at 70% of normal snow pack, the reservoirs are way low, rivers hitting 100 yr lows. The big Dolores Irrigation scheme will be at 40% of normal water allocation, and as a side effect, my favorite trout fishing will be just about destroyed this year, they're dropping the dam release down to 18 cubic feet per second (vs 60 last year).

But, at least, this year the runoff hasn't started yet. Last year, it was already pretty much over by May.

But hey, thats nothing to whats going on in SE Colorado, SW Kansas and down around where Jay lives. They're headed into what now, year 3 of an 'exceptional' drought, and they missed all the snow this year......

• gjcore
    11 years ago

The snow is all gone here, didn't take long. Unfortunately for me with sandy soils the moisture will be long gone for the most part before being useful for warm season veges, herbs or flowers.

• mstywoods
    10 years ago

Now this weather today is a bit ridiculous in the Denver area, don't you think?! CRAZY - 80 degrees Monday, and today 32 in Westminster and must have at least 3-4 inches of snow already (and still coming down).

Been here about 7 years now and don't recall it ever snowing in May - or at least nothing like this. Anyone else see this at this time of year?!

Marj

• gjcore
    10 years ago

The last spring snow is often in May. Rarely sticks around for more than a day. Having to supply heat tonight to my coldframes just to be on the safe side.

Here is a link that might be useful: Snow in June