Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shopping advice please

Posted by grubbyknees 4 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 13:34

I'm in Casper. I'm a regular lurker on your forum. I'm quite jealous of those of you living down there in the "banana belt" of the Rockies (Denver).
I"m going to be in Denver in mid April and I'm hoping to do a little garden shopping while I'm there. One of the things I was hoping to get there is Azomite. Have any of you good people noticed it in any of the garden centers?
I'm also curious about something called Biosol. It's a by product of making penicillin used as a soil amendment. Has anyone here tried it? I know it's sold by a company there, but I wondered if it is worth the expense and trouble.
I garden on ancient sand dunes and it's like trying to garden on beach sand only with alkali. It needs all the help it can get.
thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shopping advice please

• Posted by gjcore 5 South Aurora Co. (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 13:46

It looks like Azomite is for purchase in Casper http://www.azomite.com/states/Wyoming.html

As far as garden centers in the metro area in my opinion the best one that I've been to is Paulino's which is right off of I-25
http://www.paulinogardens.com/

Biosol available here
http://www.rockymtnbioproducts.com/distributors.htm#co

This post was edited by gjcore on Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 13:50

o

Thank you gjcore,

The Casper vender of azomite charges an arm and two legs for it. ( I was the one who encouraged him to carry it) I didn't know he would try to finance a European vacation off of the proceeds.

I was hoping someone had tried the biosol. I read somewhere that adding it to soil discourages voles. It's hard to believe anything discouraging voles, but I live in hope. It would be nice if it added some fertility too.

o

Thank you gjcore,

The Casper vender of azomite charges an arm and two legs for it. ( I was the one who encouraged him to carry it) I didn't know he would try to finance a European vacation off of the proceeds.

I was hoping someone had tried the biosol. I read somewhere that adding it to soil discourages voles. It's hard to believe anything discouraging voles, but I live in hope. It would be nice if it added some fertility too.

o

I just bought some azomite at IFA (Intermountain Farmers Assoc.). So I'd check any of the feed/farm stores

o

I just found Azomite at Rick's Garden Center in Co. Springs saving about $15 a bag over the Casper price. We will be going through the Springs on our trip and it looks like Rick's is not far off the interstate. If I can get DH to slow down I'll have my Azomite!
The IFA is in Cortez. I LOVE Cortez, I used to live in Farmington and we went there occasionally, but we won't be going that way this trip.
Anyone have an opinion about Biosol?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here