Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any ideas?

Posted by jaliranchr z5 EC CO (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 15:51

This is a botinecka zuta paprika. None of the other plants have a problem at all. All grown in Pro Mix (yeah, heretic that I am, it is my choice). Every other pepper is growing heartily. I gave it a drop of calcium and repotted it. Not much root development.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any ideas?

Not really an idea, Jali'. Here is something I got from one of the extension service websites. It may not be clear enough to be of any help, anyway:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I had some problems in a few of my starts. A panic response nearly set in. It was in a few things but mostly the tomatoes. I don't think it was fusarium and I have had unfortunate experiences with that on several occasions. No stem seemed to be involved and it was mostly on seed leaves.

It seemed to me to be a fungus and where it was on the true leaves, they were crinkled. I could not find an aphid. It ended up with me not losing any plant.

Since it was so very early and didn't seem to be fusarium or aphids, I was left wondering if it could be botrytis. My experience with that goes waaay back to the rose greenhouse and once in awhile in the dead of winter. Anyway, the plants seemed to come out of it. One darn thing after another . . . Here is Wishing You the Best of Luck.

Steve

o

• Posted by ZachS z5 Littleton, CO (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 18, 14 at 20:22

I have had plants do that, although they also show deformities in the cot's too. The ones on the plant look pretty normal. In my experience, they usually grow out of it, though, they are usually stunted for quite a while.

o

Thanks Steve and Zach. I'll just baby this one and see if it comes around. Terry of Secret Seed Cartel said some of her paprika were doing the same thing. I've never had it happen before on this variety or any other pepper. If it was perfect from year to year, we would get bored, wouldn't we? :)

Glad you didn't lose any seedlings to whatever visited, Steve.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here