Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skybirdforever

Free Mulch for Denver Residents!

Hi all,

For those of you that are actual residents of Denver, thereÂs a free mulch giveaway on Saturday, May 3rd. ItÂs the ground up Xmas trees they collected in January. It can be picked up at four locations. The northeast location at the Havana Nursery at 10450 Smith Road has a front-end loader to load it into trucks or trailers. The other locations, where you have to shovel it yourself are:

Southeast: VeteranÂs Park at Iowa and Vine Streets

Southwest: Bear Creek Park south of Dartmouth on Raleigh

Northwest: SloanÂs Lake Park at Sheridan and 17th

TheyÂre also selling compost for $3 per 10 gallon bag or $28.50 a yard at the Havana Nursery site only. Front-end loader for trucks/trailers or bring-your-own-bagsÂand shovelÂfor small quantities

More info linked below!

I donÂt have a clue why I got the flyer since I live in Thornton, but I sent them an email to verify that itÂs for Denver residents only, and it is! (I only asked about the mulch, not the compost!) The person who replied to me, though, did say that if I "wanted to come after the week after the event day, there is usually plenty of mulch leftover for the taking." So IÂll leave it up to other Metro area folks if they want to try to get some later. IÂm guessing the only location where it might be available later would be at the Havana Nursery site, but I didnÂt ask about thatÂbut I kinda seriously doubt that they have folks hanging out at the parks just waiting for somebody to come along looking for the stuff!!!

Happy spring,

Skybird

Here is a link that might be useful: Denver Free Mulch Giveaway

Comments (4)