Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stevation

A new little gardener for Good Friday

stevation
17 years ago

Hey guys,

While most of you were worrying about the ice storm last weekend, we welcomed our son into the world! Doesn't he look sweet? Never mind those medical devices attached to him -- they just had to monitor him for a while because he was so big (9 lbs. 11 oz.) and had slightly low blood sugar at first. He's fine now, and so is my wife. Look at that angel face -- none of us can stop kissing him!

The future gardener and fisherman. My little buddy McKay.

Happy Easter!

Steve

Comments (17)

• highalttransplant
    17 years ago

Congratulations, Steve! He is a real cutie!

• spyfferoni
    17 years ago

What a sweetheart! My youngest turned 3 in January. I'm starting to get baby hungry. Photos like this don't help!

Tyff

• luckybottom
    17 years ago

Oh how I love spring and all the new things! He is so perfect, except that being on the large side. Sure was done "cooking". Look at all that hair and he has much better finger nails then I do (which really is not that hard to do). CONGRATULATIONS! Go ahead and sneak in one more kiss, from me. Thanks for letting us in on your latest addition.

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    17 years ago

Congratulations, Steve. Have you had him out in the garden yet? ;-)

Don't let his big sisters beat him up,
    Skybird

• digit
    17 years ago

It's a baby!!!

9 pounds plus! Give that mother a kiss and a gentle hug.

Congratulations but why not a Steve Jr.?

Steve
    (an Aries, just like little McKay :o)

• stevation
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Steve, you just had to mention Aries, huh? My Aries sister was the hardest one in the family to get along with! I'm sure you're not like that, are you? :-)

And Skybird, his sisters are beating each other up trying to get a hold of him first! (Everything seems to be a competition with our twins!)

Tyff, if you're going to give in, better sooner rather than later! I'm 43 and my wife is 39. There's an 8-year gap between him and the twins (and a 6-year gap between them and the bigger sister). We almost feel like first-time parents again, since it's been so long!

But like I said before, they say "40 is the new 30," so I think this will just keep us young for a while longer! I'm thinking about those long-dreamed-of backpacking trips with him to remote fishing spots. But when he's a teen, I'll be nearly 60; hope I can still do it then!

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    17 years ago

Stop that, Steve! I'm 63 and I decided just a couple years ago that I had FINALLY reached middle age! I'd say 60 is the new 30! ;-) Don't start thinking canes and dentures yet! LOL

Skybird

• emagineer
    17 years ago

What a wonderful spring gift. He is one beautiful guy, how great you shared McKay with us. He is a blessed boy coming into the world to share all your dreams together.

My best to you, the girls and mom.

• billie_ladybug
    17 years ago

Best crop of the new year.
    My niece just had her first, as did a co-worker and my step-son just announced, for Easter, that they are expecting again. I really don't have to worry about wanting anymore.
    And hey, ignore what they are saying about Aries. I think they are great! After all I married one.
    Beautiful baby boy. Good job!! All our best.

B

• cnetter
    17 years ago

Wow, he is so beautiful!

More pics?

I'm not tempted to have more - I've got teenagers to wear me out. :-)

• shazone
    17 years ago

Congrats! He is beautiful!

• jaliranchr
    17 years ago

Congratulations, Steve! He's precious. He has a road ahead with all the sisters to boss him around ... naw, they'll spoil him rotten. :) To you, your wife and your children many blessings.

Shelley

• stevation
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OK, since Cnetter asked, I'll divulge that there are more pics at www.kroes.us. You can read about him and see photos in the first entry there, and there are more photos in the photo album on the site.

Hey, I was just kidding about Aries (Arieses?) -- I'm absolutely certain this guy will turn out great. He'll certainly know he's loved, as do all our kids! And hopefully, he'll learn to love gardening, fishing, and nature along the way.

Steve

• billie_ladybug
    17 years ago

Looks like you guys wore McKay out taking all those pics. That is such a big YAWN!
    Thanks for sharing the other pics with us. The baby room is awesome. Looks like girls will have lots of fun with their new little Bro.
    Congrats!!

B

• cnetter
    17 years ago

Oooh, pics of everybody!
    And pics of artwork and crafts too (I'm big into that).

• jlynn
    17 years ago

Congrats! He is beautiful!

• hummingbird
    17 years ago

Congradulations....what a darling face :o)