Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Whoa...um...WOWs

Posted by dan_staley 5b/S 2b AHS 6-7 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 21, 10 at 17:54

Sheesh, I posted this in the wrong forum.

Here is a pic of my season extenders in one place for a class I taught & thought I'd bore share:

Put the WOWs out today and the sun stuck around for awhile and warmed the water. Under them is one each of 'Stupice', 'Purple Calabash', 'Brandy Boy', and 'Bloody Butcher'. I will container one each of 'Razzle Dazzle' and 'Better Bush'. Sadly most of the fam are not big tomato eaters, so my plants are much reduced in favor of things folks will eat (and not having to look at Self-Watering Containers throughout the yard).

You can also see what happens when you grow garlic: for some reason you miss one or five and next year you get some freebies. That should be 'Siberian' over there, yummy and hardy.

Dan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Whoa...um...WOWs

Way to set the bar, Dan! Now your plants can reap the benefits of this moisture. If I get a break in the rain after work I'll get a few in, too, but it looks like this may have to wait till Saturday.
Thanks for sharing!
Barb

o
RE: Whoa...um...WOWs

I like that - 'set the bar'. The BH calls it 'obsessed' or 'brain damage'. I'll see if I can get her to change her framing to yours Barb.

;o)

Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here