Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
digit_gw

Slow Gardening?

digit
13 years ago

If this guy continues using the "trademark" symbol - it's going to grate on my nerves. And, I don't think that's what his premise is all about:

Slow Gardening

Still, I like his tips and the quotes!

Fun . . , now to the tasks at hand! But . . . maybe it's time to slow down a little . . .

digitS'

Comments (11)

• greenbean08_gw
    13 years ago

Well, traffic to the site must not be slow, they've exceeded their bandwith (so the error page told me).

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    13 years ago

It's three hours later and I just got the same message! Me thinks the site isn't working---slowly---or any other way!

• digit
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Well, I've still got it . . . of course, it is probably in the computer's memory.

Here are some of what the guy calls "demotivators:"

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

"Most of us go to our grave with our music still inside of us."

"Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once."

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

"Living on Earth is expensive - but it does include a free trip around the sun every year."

I'll copy all the "tips" next . . . if'n the site doesn't free itself up. Someone let me know by dinner time, please.

Steve
    just back from a pretty good harvest of bok choy, spinach, lettuce, and green onions

• Dan _Staley (5b Sunset 2B AHS 7)
    13 years ago

just back from a pretty good harvest of bok choy, spinach, lettuce, and green onions

All my spinach was in Wednesday, in anticipation of the heat. Trying some new lettuce and 'Skyphos' is not heat-tolerant as advertised, altho 'Mottistone' is shrugging and asking for more. Mizuna is giving up the ghost and has to come in and some will have to go to compost bin.

:o)

Dan

• serpent_moon
    13 years ago

i got the bandwith message too

13 years ago

Possibly we can get in with a copy and paste link rather than the direct link you posted!

That's why I keep trying the same things that have died on me\-\-\-over and over and over........ Skybird
  • greenbean08_gw
    13 years ago

My understanding is once they've exceeded bandwith, they're off until they pay up for the excess or until the next billing cycle. I might be wrong though.

• conace55
    13 years ago

I don't know if this is the same page you were referring to.......

slow gardening

• digit
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow, Conny! You've found one on the guy from an earlier year. How's that for a name of a Slow Gardening proponent?? "Rushing" HaHa!!

Okay! How about:

The Google Webcachet of Mr. Rushing's website?

I hope this works and I'm sorry for the confusion.

digitS'

13 years ago

I don't have time to read it right now, but that one works, Digit!

• greenbean08_gw
    13 years ago

This one does work (and I doubt Google will exceed it's bandwidth). He does have some good points (though I don't think I'll have anything blooming every day of the year though).

I just realized, he sounds a little like FlyLady for gardening. His "If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly." reminds me of her saying "House work done improperly still blesses your family" (though now that I type them it doesn't seem to fit as well as I thought but I'm posting it anyway). If you don't know who FlyLady is, short version: she teaches baby-steps to keeping your house in order in 15 minute increments and to help you get rid of CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome).

Hmmm, maybe I should start listening to both of them, with all the time I've been spending on yard and gardening work this past week, my house has become a mess. :-)