Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
digit_gw

rattled

digit
12 years ago

Waited nearly 2 hours before I posted what is written below. They are fine! Even the flat of Big Early set at a crazy angle right in front of the door! (Dodged another Bullet! May not be fast on my feet but awkward gait makes me a difficult target!! :o)

While I was waiting for the sun to shine again (on my long dark tunnel crammed with frost-tender plants), I was watching comedian Seth Meyers and drinking fresh-ground Kenyan coffee! You can't say, I don't know how to self-medicate! But I still need:

Skybird, please tell me again that gardening is supposed to be fun!

Power failure yesterday afternoon that ran on for nearly 4 hours. Thunderstorms moved thru . . .

(Steve continuing to try to divert blame.) DW has lobbied for the entire week not to move the zinnias out of the unheated tunnel back into the heated greenhouse for their overnight stay. Didn't freeze once this past week. Wasn't supposed to freeze last night.

Power back on well after sundown - checked on greenhouse furnace - working. Left zinnias & peppers in unheated tunnel.

Slept in until sunrise. That's the first time the sun beat me up since sometime last year! (Continues with misplaced excuses.) Frost on everything! Afraid to open tunnel. . .

Noticed how rattled I was a few days ago when I realized that with 40mph winds and 45F afternoon temperatures - I wasn't getting anything out into the open to harden-off this week. So . . . I began to build little plastic "hoopies" in the backyard to protect frost-hardy plants, overnight AND thru the day. No morning frost last 7 days but, also, no warmth!

Coldest April on record in Coeur d'Alene, 2nd coldest in Spokane, and I'm afraid to open the door to look at the peppers & zinnias. Please! gardening is supposed to be fun!

Steve

rattling on, again

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting