Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catladysgarden

Open Garden 2010

catladysgarden
13 years ago

Hi All,

It looks like I'm going to miss another Spring Swap. We are so busy at this time of the year trying to whip our garden into shape. Skybird is right, I'm the RMG member who rarely posts. Our garden is huge, so it really sucks up our time. I retired from Qwest last year after 45 years of service. I was hoping to find some little no brain job to supplement my Social Security. Well, it didn't work out that way. After putting in literally hundreds of applications, I got a call from Frontier Airlines. So, I'm right back to working full time again.

Our Open Garden will be on Saturday July 17th this year. For the newcomers, the Cat Lady's Garden is an American Hemerocallis Society Display Garden. Every year during our peak bloom we pick a day and open the garden to the public. It is open by appointment at other times during the bloom season. This will be our 14th Annual Open Garden. You are all invited. We are located near I-70 and Chambers Road in Aurora. It's easy to get to from all parts of the Denver metro area and beyond.

I will be posting directions as the day draws closer. Hope you can join us. Feel free to contact me by email if you need additional information. catladysgarden@earthlink.net

I love Spring. The Tree Peonies are starting to bloom. We actually have a big crop of lilacs this year. As often as not, their buds get frozen. Between the lilacs and the Viburnum, the garden is quite fragrant now. I added a bunch of new trumpet and orienpet lilies to add fragrance during daylily season.

The garden is just full of colorful birds this year. Last summer, I finally succeeded in attracting American Goldfinches to the feeders. They are sticking around. They were with us all Winter. We've had Orioles for more than 25 years. I can almost set the clock by the arrival of the males in May. This year, Western Tanagers have been attracted to the grape jelly that I put out for the Orioles. They are sticking around, so maybe we'll have baby Tanagers as well as baby Orioles.

I hope to see some of you on July 17th. Come and get lost in the flowers.

Karen

Comments (2)