Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (7)

• billie_ladybug
    12 years ago

Seriously, more advertising!! Go away person!!

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    12 years ago

Not this time, Billie. Aloha is planning to come to the swap, so I think this time it's just a link that didn't work right.

If you can still find the article you were trying to link, Aloha, try again by pasting the URL into the box below that says "Optional Link URL" and then give it a "title" in the "Name of the Link" box. Sometimes things can't be "directly" linked, so I don't know if it'll work or not, but it's worth a try!

But even if it doesn't work, I think everybody on RMG already knows that gardening is the best anti-depressant in the world.

:-)
    Skybird

• billie_ladybug
    12 years ago

Aloha 2009 - Apologies! I guess you were trying to attach an article?? All I get from the link is ads for antidepressants. Saw you have posted gardening related stuff before and, now, I think your link is just bad.

Sorry

Billie

• aloha2009
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Skybird for defending my "honor".

No problem Billie, I don't want garbage on these forums any more then anyone else does.

My DH sent me this article this morning about how great gardening was for our health. Hopefully this link will work, it was very interesting.

Here is a link that might be useful: Health Benefits of Gardening

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    12 years ago

I don't have time to read it right now, but it works this time. Last time I just had a blank screen in the middle where the article is with all the ads around the edges. I think Billie just didn't recognize your screen name since you haven't posted around here a lot---yet, and we've had a lot of people showing up lately trying to sell things! If I hadn't recognized your name, I probably would have thought the same thing.

Happy and healthy gardening,
    Skybird

• digit
    12 years ago

Here is more on that Texas study from Science Daily. There are quite a few more % symbols and such in this article but it is short.

I've just been sorting my tomato plants. I will have to till the soil in the tomato patch again, there's a lot of rain in the forecast, and the environment was covered with frost this morning but . . . . gardening is fun!

Focusing on the future while nurturing critters that need attention - that seems to have been the order for my morning. And, I was able to slow down my "dance the plants" exercise routine! There were the same number of moves but I had the opportunity to drink an entire 12 ounces of caffeinated during the process!

My diet year-around reflects my gardening activities - if I can't find it in the garden, I'll take the other route and buy it at the store. Healthy thinking, exercise and diet . . .

digitS'

Here is a link that might be useful: Want More Zest for Life?

• Dan _Staley (5b Sunset 2B AHS 7)
    12 years ago

Like the Denver Urban Gardens study that came out last year and several others recently. PI is either a grad or PhD student.

At least they are now quantifying what we already know, but too bad they didn't ask these folks how I can get my fam to eat all the kale in the fridge!

Dan