Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pepper Leaves Curling?

Posted by LoadedFront CO (My Page) on
Sat, May 5, 12 at 12:05

Hi all. Very inexperienced gardener. My daughters and I planted a few flowers and vegetables to try our hand at things. Everything seems to be doing well so far except our bell pepper plant. It's leaves are curling up a little bit, and some have even turned over so the "top" is facing the ground.

I have a picture I could post, but don't see that as an option. Inexperienced forum member, too.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pepper Leaves Curling?

A picture would be of great help in trying to access the issues with your plant. There are several possibilities of what is causing it. They range from stress to spray drifts. 2-4-D damage can be similar to what you are describing but again without seeing a picture I can't really give a good opinion. If you have them at an online hosting site you can copy and paste the link in the optional link url box. As for adding a picture to your post I will let one of the more computer knowledgeable posters tell you how. Jay

o

Hopefully you can see my picture from here...

Here is a link that might be useful: Pepper plant

o

The first things that come to mind with leaf curl on peppers is inconsistent or overwatering, soil that doesn't drain well, or too much fertilizer. Sometimes a little neglect is what they need. We, especially new gardeners, tend to love them to death.

Now I did get some damage one year from a property owner spraying 2-4-D in the empty lots around me on a windy day. Both my plants, and my next door neighbors had damage the next morning. Since I was home to witness the event, it was pretty easy to put the cause and effect together though. It probably wouldn't be effecting just one plant though.

Hope this helps some,
Bonnie

o

I'm going to guess that the soil is too wet.

o

I'll jump in and third that! That was my first guess even before the pic, but since I hardly ever grow peppers I was waiting for some to the Pepper Experts to weigh in!

Skybird

o

After seeing the pic I would say environmental/climate stress. Really nothing wrong with that plant. Moisture can have an effect but peppers don't like cool nights especially the chile types. Some warm weather/bright sun and this plant will be fine.

o

Help! What is causing my leaves to curl?
Thanks much

o

Aphid damage?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here