Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
skybird plant ?

Posted by ginnytrcka z5 CO (My Page) on
Sun, May 25, 14 at 12:21

My son picked up a plant in the free for all and it is obviously a skybird plant, but no pink tag. Must have fallen off in the melee. On the side it is marked Golost. or Gocost.

If anyone knows what this is, please let me know so I can figure out where to put it.

Thanks to everyone for digging, potting, seeding, etc such beautiful plants for us to try!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: skybird plant ?

• Posted by skybird z5, Denver, CO (My Page) on
    Sun, May 25, 14 at 16:29

Hi Ginny,

I couldn't figure out what you had when I first looked at this! When I'm planting them I just sort of quickly scrawl an ID on the pots so I'll have some idea what it is if something starts to die or something, but after looking at it for a minute I think it must be a 'Goldsturm' you have! (if there's a date on the pot, that's when I planted it!)

Here's a pic I took of one of the flats of my swap plants before the swap--I cropped it real close to show the Rudbeckia fulgida, so you should be able to figure out if this is it or not! (see the text on the photo! Click for bigger pic!)

It that's what it is, here's the info:

Rudbeckia fulgida ‘Goldsturm’, Black Eyed Susan - 28" X 18" - Full sun - gold with brown center - Jul-Sep - z4
Reliably hardy. Attracts butterflies.

Hope this helps! If it's not the Rudbeckia, post a pic and I'll try to figure it out!

Skybird

o
RE: skybird plant ?

Yes, that's it. Thank you! Now I know the perfect spot for it and how to id it while small.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here