Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katgardener

Picasa

katgardener
9 years ago

Does anyone here besides Skybird use Picasa? I need help! You can email me directly so as not to clutter the board. PLEASE,,

Comments (4)

• digit
    9 years ago

I do and don't, Katgarden.

The free program that I downloaded several years ago meets my needs fairly well. Purchased Photoshop is too complicated and I don't care to see me standing on a ring of Saturn or dancing with Vegas showgirls. I mean, umm. Well, you know what I mean!

I like the clarity of Picasa, it seems to do images much nicer than Photobucket. But, the Google people obviously have their own notions about how they want me to use it. They don't seem to care much about me sharing pictures outside of their google +.

Write your questions here or send 'em email and I can try to help.

Steve

This post was edited by digit on Mon, May 19, 14 at 16:48

• katgardener
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, Steve

I spent the morning very pleasantly sitting on my back deck enjoying my garden, the weather, and my morning cappuccino (the first time I've been able to do that this year!) and fighting with Picasa. I had downloaded it onto my iPad last night and this morning I was trying to figure out how to do things that the instructions implied I should be able to, but couldn't find the commands.

It finally dawned on me that I should probably be working with the PC version instead of the app, so I downloaded that and spent the next few hours in my basement :(( (I really really want a laptop!) creating albums and putting pictures in them. But it seems like there should be a simpler way to do things. I made separate albums for each year of gardening, each season, one for bulbs and one each for close-up and "landscape" shots. Could I just make a single garden album and then use tags? I can't seem to search by tags on my iPad. I need a Picasa for dummies!

• mstywoods
    9 years ago

Hi Kat. I've had picassa for a few years now. I really got confused with the software it installed on my PC, partly on how I chose the folders for it to use (which was way too many) and couldn't figure out how to change it. But did manage to get it to work to upload pics once in awhile. But I much prefer just going to the website and choosing to upload from there. Have you tried that?

I bookmarked the main page: https://picasaweb.google.com/home. Try going here and logging in, and see if you find that easier to browse to your albums and upload things.

I did join up with google+ finally (they kept prompting me to, and I kept ignoring it. But my sister joined and then added me to her google+ circles, so finally took the plunge! It does change things a bit, so some getting used to). Anyway, what you'll find if you are a google+ member is that the above url will change to 'https://plus.google.com/photos/114258480802796606590/albums?banner=pwa'. But other than that, seems pretty much the same.

Hope you get it figured out!

Marj

• digit
    9 years ago

I haven't been willing to go the Picasa app route on the tablet and know nothing about it. Picasa, I do the right click, copy, paste.

The Photobucket gallery has been so much easier for me over the years. So, I got their app. It is not entirely satisfactory but okay.

The image is from Picasa using the PC but, Gardenweb isn't the easiest thing to use either. That is, until they created their own image upload function. I still force GW to accept the other galleries but, . . . I have to use html code!

Steve

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting