Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gardening in 'Our' Climate

Posted by digit ID/WA (My Page) on
Mon, May 3, 10 at 12:55

An article in today's "Steamboat Today" is linked below.

Meteorologist from the Colorado Climate Center compares the weather to that of the Tibetan Plateau . . !

My climate is zone 5 hardiness, and zone 5 heat -- so, I'm not quite on the "Roof of the World." Still, 39mph winds and 45mph gusts, today!

Steve's digits

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardening in our climate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gardening in 'Our' Climate

• Posted by mtny SW MT zn 3 (My Page) on
    Tue, May 4, 10 at 13:25

I dont think so....Doeskin makes several significant factual errors that totally negate any comparison...first off Doeskin states tibetan plateau is btwn 40 41 N lat
NO it is not it actually dips below 28 and gets to about 35N lat ...not colorado more like Northern mexico....the weather patterns are completely different...the average altitude is greater than that of colorado it is more arid with less moisture and greater monsoonal variations...if anything think a climate much more similar to that of the northern plains continental climate (altitude aside)
Sloppy science... sloppy journalism (fact checking)and at best mundane gardening advice ....master gardeners?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here