1/2 c pepper, minced
1 lb hamburger
1 Tbs parsley chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1 8oz tomato sauce
1 8oz canned tomatoes
2 Tbs sugar
1/2 tsp oregano

1. Saute onion and pepper in oil till translucent. Add meat and brown.
2. Add rest and heat through.
3. Add cooked pasta or serve over steamed cabbage wedges.

This post was edited by luckybottom on Sun, May 25, 14 at 13:27

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recipes from Swap

• Posted by skybird z5, Denver, CO (My Page) on
    Sun, May 25, 14 at 16:37

Thank you so much for posting that, Bonnie! I was going to ask for your recipe! Of the things I had, that was my favorite! Just wish I hadn't eaten so many other things and had had room (and time) for more of it! I wouldn't have thought of cabbage, but that sounds really good too! (or eggplant?)

With all the other homemade dishes that were there this time, I hope others will take the time to come post their recipes too.

I should have taken a picture of the FOOD! Just didn't think of it!

Thanks for starting this thread,
Skybird

o

The onions were this years walking onions (about the size of walnuts, sliced), the pepper was last years Fooled You that was frozen and the tomato base was last years canned tomatoes. Instead of sugar we use agave. Eggplant, now that would be good.

Hope iluvamaranth posts her orzo?

o

Hello everyone!

Here is my orzo salad recipe:

orzo: about a pound
feta cheese: 6 Oz
half an onion, finely choped
a cup of cherry or grape tomatoes
one bell pepper, finely chopped
half a cup of sun dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
a clove of garlic, finely chopped
a few leaves of basil, spinach (or sorrel, which is what I used on Saturday) finely chopped
one carrot, peeled and finely chopped

vinaigrette:
I start out with 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil, a teaspoon of rice vinegar, a teaspoon of lemon juice, a generous amount of ground black pepper, salt (to taste),and a pinch of sugar.

Cook the orzo in boiling water, it takes about ten to fifteen minutes on medium heat to cook it. As with any pasta, drain the orzo and wash with ice cold water, drain well and immediately coat with a generous amount of olive oil to make ure tha pasta doesn't stick together.

Mix the orzo with the ingredients above, add the vinaigrette, toss everything together and enjoy!

(In the past I have added pitted black olives, capers, chopped celery and pine nuts for extra flavor and crunchiness)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here