Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eight years later ... Desert Four O'clock

Posted by jaliranchr z5 EC CO (My Page) on
Thu, May 30, 13 at 13:52

Skybird, can you believe it? All three are doing brilliantly on the corner at the intersection. Please forgive all the debris, but I'm salvaging a house and yard that were ... well, I have a chore ahead of me. After 18 months away from CO, I'm back and relieving frustration with the yard. So thrilled to see these doing so well. You know how I'd almost given up on them after three years. Patience of the extreme variety is required with these. hahahaha

This is a xeric perennial mirabalis multiflora for anyone wondering.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eight years later ... Desert Four O'clock

• Posted by skybird z5, Denver, CO (My Page) on
    Thu, May 30, 13 at 19:06

Hi Jali! SO good to see you back around here!

Wherever you were for 18 months, I hope it went well! Sounds like a LONG time to be out of Colorado! Are you back at the same place? I just drove right by your neck of the woods a couple weeks ago! Would still like to come out that way to see "your" Cedar Breaks sometime! Remember that conversation---a very long time ago!

Your Mirabilis look wonderful! I never got any put in! Don't have enough room or sun in the backyard and never got rid of the rock mulch in the front yard! They're still on a Some Day list!

Are you going to be able to have some tomatoes this year? Hope you'll come join us around here when you have time!

Welcome back to high, dry Colorado,
Skybird

o

How about our wind farms out here? The turbines grew in number in my absence. When I drove back from Maine, I was stunned to see how many there are now. Nearly 450!

Yes, I recall our conversation about the Breaks. :) Love to show them to you one day. Advantage of a small ag community is I know the landowner -- we graduated HS together. :)

So glad to be back in Colorado where the sun shines! Oye did I miss the Colorado sunshine! I wish I could have brought more of the rain with me, however. Good to see all the RMG gang. I'll be around!

o

• Posted by b2alicia zone 5 Westminster (My Page) on
    Fri, May 31, 13 at 19:21

Hi Jali!

Welcome back to Colorado!

o

Thank you, b2alicia! It is great to be back in this beautiful state and region with such great people. :)

o

The one is getting very large and is blooming like crazy. The other two are biding their time, but I have no doubt they will erupt one of these days.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here