Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jclepine

Tiny creatures and hard work

jclepine
13 years ago

I just had the most wonderful morning. I cleared out dog poo and old leaves and needles, dug up the flag stones that are in the spot I am going to put my veggie box and cold frame and just cleaned up a ton.

I moved my baby bath tub that I keep the lettuce in, found a spot for the wire stand that will hold the strawberries and trimmed the annoying aspen that competes with the spruce.

Oh, and I marveled at all the little things living in the muck. Under the flag stones were sleeping beetles and ant colonies. I know better than to try and kill the ants because A. they do their job, B. No matter what I do, they come back anyway, and C. I don't want to kill anything else in the process. Better to just be annoyed by them from time to time. Really, they only annoy me when they start swarming my feet and I'm in sandals. That bugs me!

It snowed most of the time I was out there, in shorts! Somehow, I kept warm. Must have been the shoveling, raking, lifting, prying, leveraging, rolling (yep, some stones were too heavy to do anything with other than roll) and pulling I did.

I'f it doesn't get too much cooler, I might head right back out there and set up the wood for the veggie box. I need to go out and get some nails and some right angle brackets or whatever they are called.

J

Comments (4)