Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
highalttransplant

Devo hat planter

highalttransplant
14 years ago

Okay, I'm probably dating myself by posting this, but does anyone remember Devo?

Here's my Devo hat planter

{{gwi:394934}}

BTW, all of the Sedums and Hens & Chicks came from cuttings that Skybird gave me. I think they like their new home : )

See link below for photo of the original.

Bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: Devo with planter hat

Comments (10)

• austinnhanasmom
    14 years ago

NICE!! I remember DEVO.

I think all of my sedums - from Skybird and you - are loving their new homes. I also got a teeny hens and chicks from Skybird that's lovin' life.

I even have a flower on one new sedum, but that may not be from me. I'll take photos soon.

I have the blue spruce firmly established and I moved it to various areas after the swap. ALL are thriving!! What an amazing plant the sedum is. I have a few that I'll root up before the fall swap.

I am also wandering my yard to find other xeric plants I have. Blue mist spirea and Russian sage immediately come to mind, although they are space hogs.

Happy Gardening -

Deb

• jclepine
    14 years ago

Hah! I was in the fourth or fifth grade when I was first a Devo fan!!

Your succulents look great! I have quite a few (um, at least four!) Skybird succulent starts, too. They are starting to fill out and look happy.

Now all you need is a touch of that ice plant to drape over the edge of the planter/hat!

.....Crack that whip!

J

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    14 years ago

Alright, IÂm older than the rest of you, and I went from the folk music of the 60's straight to classicalÂand skipped all the contemporary music from the 70's on, so I never heard of Devo! But I do like your hatÂuhÂI mean pot, Bonnie! And the color goes really nicely with your house!

Glad to hear everybodyÂs sedums and semps are doing well! There will be more at the Fall Swap! Remember to keep track of which "letter" semps you got so you can get different ones next time, rather than just getting more of the same old thing. I have some neat new ones that may have enough chicks to bring some to the Fall Swap.

Skybird

• greenbean08_gw
    14 years ago

And if you would like to see them in action...

Here is a link that might be useful: Devo

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    14 years ago

Alright, no offense intended hereÂbutÂIÂll stick to MozartÂor PP&M!

:-)
    Skybird

• jaliranchr
    14 years ago

LOL, I love it!

• laura_42
    14 years ago

Devo hat -- lol!

Speaking of musical nostalgia, does anyone remember this song?

Here is a link that might be useful: The Garden Song

• jnfr
    14 years ago

Anyone else having dreadful sedum aphids this year? I didn't see one last year, but this year I have a plague of them.

P.S. I loved Devo :)

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I noticed quite a few on one of my upright sedums 'Postman's Pride', but not on any of the groundcover types.

• singcharlene
    14 years ago

Bonnie, I bought the same red Devo hat planter at Lowes! It looks very pretty with the sedums in it. I may copy you and plant some of Skybird's generous offerings in it too!