Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Devo hat planter

Posted by highalttransplant z 5 Western CO (My Page) on
Mon, May 18, 09 at 19:16

Okay, I'm probably dating myself by posting this, but does anyone remember Devo?

Here's my Devo hat planter

Devo planter of Sedums and Hens & Chicks

BTW, all of the Sedums and Hens & Chicks came from cuttings that Skybird gave me. I think they like their new home : )

See link below for photo of the original.

Bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: Devo with planter hat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Devo hat planter

NICE!! I remember DEVO.

I think all of my sedums - from Skybird and you - are loving their new homes. I also got a teeny hens and chicks from Skybird that's lovin' life.

I even have a flower on one new sedum, but that may not be from me. I'll take photos soon.

I have the blue spruce firmly established and I moved it to various areas after the swap. ALL are thriving!! What an amazing plant the sedum is. I have a few that I'll root up before the fall swap.

I am also wandering my yard to find other xeric plants I have. Blue mist spirea and Russian sage immediately come to mind, although they are space hogs.

Happy Gardening -

Deb

o

Hah! I was in the fourth or fifth grade when I was first a Devo fan!!

Your succulents look great! I have quite a few (um, at least four!) Skybird succulent starts, too. They are starting to fill out and look happy.

Now all you need is a touch of that ice plant to drape over the edge of the planter/hat!

.....Crack that whip!

J

o

Alright, Im older than the rest of you, and I went from the folk music of the 60's straight to classicaland skipped all the contemporary music from the 70's on, so I never heard of Devo! But I do like your hatuhI mean pot, Bonnie! And the color goes really nicely with your house!

Glad to hear everybodys sedums and semps are doing well! There will be more at the Fall Swap! Remember to keep track of which "letter" semps you got so you can get different ones next time, rather than just getting more of the same old thing. I have some neat new ones that may have enough chicks to bring some to the Fall Swap.

Skybird

o

And if you would like to see them in action...

Here is a link that might be useful: Devo

o
RE: Devo hat planter - more

Alright, no offense intended herebutIll stick to Mozartor PP&M!

:-)
Skybird

o

LOL, I love it!

o

Devo hat -- lol!

Speaking of musical nostalgia, does anyone remember this song?

Here is a link that might be useful: The Garden Song

o

• Posted by jnfr z5b CO (My Page) on
    Thu, May 21, 09 at 20:03

Anyone else having dreadful sedum aphids this year? I didn't see one last year, but this year I have a plague of them.

P.S. I loved Devo :)

o

I noticed quite a few on one of my upright sedums 'Postman's Pride', but not on any of the groundcover types.

o

Bonnie, I bought the same red Devo hat planter at Lowes! It looks very pretty with the sedums in it. I may copy you and plant some of Skybird's generous offerings in it too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here