Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azura06

Has anyone ever visited the Iris 4 U gardens?

Azura
16 years ago

Has anyone ever visited the Iris 4 U gardens?

I am wondering if I can buy the irises when I visit the gardens or are they only available via mail order?

I would love to hear feedback if anyone has visited their gardens or ordered irises from them. Thank you!

Azura

Comments (11)

• cnetter
    16 years ago

Yes yes!!! I love that place! You can place an order when you visit or through their website and you pick up the iris in late summer.
    Even the iris I got last summer are blooming this spring, which is pretty good for newly planted iris. I'm going back soon with my camera to take more pics. I've seen quite a few water color artist there painting the colourful iris.
    This one that I bought from them was blooming today:

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics of iris at Iris 4 U

• steviewonder
    16 years ago

This must be the place my MIL wants me to visit with her. If only I had more sunny spots in my yard. Their catalog is huge- what a selection!

Cnetter, thanks for sharing your photos. I love some of those names! Wench... Well endowed... Let's boogie... And more like that on the iris4u page. Think the hybridizers were men?

• cnetter
    16 years ago

"Think the hybridizers were men?"

I dunno, but it would take a bit to look each up. There's a Canadian female daylily hybridizer who caused quite a stir with the name of one of her daylilies. I'm actually a bit embarassed to post the name of it, and that's saying quite a bit if you know me.

I actually own Wench, Let's Boogie and might get Throb.

My neighbor says I have to take her next time I go. Which will be next week.

• steviewonder
    16 years ago

They need to start naming them stuff like Nice Package and Great Buns if they want to even things out. ;-)

• cnetter
    16 years ago

I went to Iris 4 U Saturday and it was gorgeous! Massive amounts of color. I took some pics and will try get around to downloading them soon.

• Azura
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I had to resurrect this post because I finally visited the Iris 4 U Gardens.
    WOW!
    I ordered five irises that I do not have room for and there are many on my wishlist for next year.
    I highly recommend taking a look at their gardens.

• catladysgarden
    15 years ago

I recommend buying from Bob Van Liere at Iris 4 U gardens.
    "Iris Bob" is a reputable businessman and has been selling iris for a number of years. He is also an active member of the American Iris Society.I think you place an order and then pick them up at digging time.
    Karen

• amester
    12 years ago

I love this place - we always go early spring and then again in late spring because there are so many different things in bloom at different times. Mine bloomed the year after I planted them and they are AMAZING! I also love that you can smell them when you're there - can't get that through a catalog - and that you're supporting a local, family business.
    I'm going to see if the family wants to go tomorrow. It's one of the few places that the six year old and seventeen year old and husband and I ALL love! :)

• conace55
    12 years ago

amester, they don't open until May 12th this year.

Connie

• amester
    12 years ago

Thanks, Connie - I owe you one! THAT would've been a mess... :) Although I'm anal enough that I'd have checked the website for hours, etc.
    Guess tomorrow's a yard work day!

• conace55
    12 years ago

They've moved the opening date up to May 5th. The iris in my yard are certainly going to bloom earlier this year!

Connie