Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How hot did it get at your house today?

Posted by b2alicia zone 5 Westminster (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 0:46

98 degrees here in Westminster today. ick.. a bit more than I like!
Even now at 10:30 pm, it's still 82.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How hot did it get at your house today?

97 over here in Thornton! It's 11:20 and it's still 75 out! Thought this was supposed to be Colorado!!! The real problem is that my AC quit four years ago and it's 81 up in the bedroom--where I'm about to go! Tomorrow's supposed to be the same, but it'll wind up being even worse inside since the whole structure of the house will be more "heated up" from the last couple days.

Methinks it's gonna be a Long, Hot Summer!

Skybird

o

• Posted by gjcore 5 South Aurora Co. (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 18:46

It was 101 when I got home from work around 3pm. Thermometer is usually pretty accurate in the afternoon being on the east side of the house. It's cooled down to 98 now. Some plants looked fairly water stressed especially potatoes. Did some hand watering and turned some of the drip lines on for awhile.

o

It was an even 100º yesterday and made 104º today. Now it is 95º but the wind is whipping up pretty good. Just trying to keep things hydrated, plants and animals alike.

Sure better than the folks dealing with fires.

o

Yesterday it hit 96, but today it only got up to 89. The winds were pretty bad here too! 15 - 35 mph for about 8 hours straight. They are finally starting to die back now.

o

Too hot! I have work to do outside, but it's just too hot.

o

• Posted by skybird z5, Denver, CO (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 23:29

WAY too hot! Waywayway too hot! I just came in from planting most of my tomatoes! It's STILL 82 out there! I'm dripping with sweat! I "think" I watered them! Not real sure since it was too dark to see anymore! Still have a couple more to do (in an area I need to turn over yet--like, yeah, I'm gonna do that when it's in the upper 90's!!!) and have the eggplants, paprika peppers and herbs to plant--never thought I'd be glad they were so small---but, oh boy, am I---no big holes to dig! Got up to "only" 98 here today, and "that bedroom" where I'll be going to sleep (?????) is 84 right now! Couple hours isn't gonna cool it down too much. Maybe I'll just lie down in the shower with the cold water running and skip the bed! And that Cold Shower is where I'm heading right now!

Stay cool, all,
Skybird

P.S. Ain't ya all glad we don't have 80% humidity with the heat?!?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here