Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sedums in June

Posted by dafygardennut 5b-ish, CO (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 7, 09 at 3:03

Might as well, we've done everything else and I wanted to post pics of the sedum starts I got from Skybird at the fall swap. I kept them in the cups letting them root over the winter and finally planted them out in April.

Angelina
Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't remember the name of this one, but it's tripled in size since April
Photobucket

This one was mine after I learned how to do cuttings from sedums - Dragon's Blood getting ready to bloom
Photobucket

Thank you Skybird!
Dafy/Jen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sedums in June

• Posted by skybird z5, Denver, CO (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 17, 09 at 19:58

Hi Dafy,

Nice to see your pics! Im not positive what your second pic is, but I think it might be Blue Carpet. Its either that or Sedum album, the dangerous one that spreads all over your yard when youre not looking! If it has a blue spruce color, its Blue Carpet. I recommend cutting your Angelina down to about an inch above the groundor a little less than that. Itll form more stems and come back thicker and denserand prettier than it will be if you leave it keep growing. Then you can either stick the cuttings in around the base of the plant, or use them to start another/more plant(s)!. My Dragons Blood isnt looking that great right now, so I dont have a pic of it. Yours is looking good! I finally got my latest batch of pics downloaded, so heres my sedums in June!

Sedum kamtschaticum Variegatum

Sedum reflexum Blue Spruce

Sedum hybridum

Sedum Blue Carpet

Sedum pachyclados

Sedum Angelina

Sedum spurium Tricolor

A buncha things! Theyre labeled if you click on the pic to go to Picasa!

Not a sedum, but its a succulent! Delosperma Kelaidis Mesa Verde. This was taken 06.09.09. More flowers are open now, and I took another pic today, but itll be a while before I get it downloaded!

On the leftSedum Purple Emperor, upright sedum. Was a tiny, tiny start last yearshould be lookin good by next year!

Sedumnot sure of the variety. Possibly Rosy Glow or Vera Jamison. This is one of the "sprawling" type sedums with larger leaves than the groundcover ones, and they dont spread like the groundcover ones.

Another one of the "sprawling" type sedums that I dont know the variety name of. Got it from my niece in Chicago!

And last, but difinitely not leastbecause its one of my favorite, favorite sedums: Sedum sieboldii, October Daphne. This pic was taken the middle of May, but its better than my June pics!

Anybody else have some pics to show off?

Skybird

o

How funny that this thread was at the top again. I just came in from planting most of the sedum cuttings I got from the swap. They rooted nicely.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tales of a Transplanted Gardener

o

I managed to take just the one photo for a change ;)

Here are tricolour, blue carpet and angelina:

Sedums and Sempervirens

There are also TONS of random unknown spuriums running around everywhere but I've put those photos up before...last year or the year before?

J.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here