Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catladysgarden

You are invited to Open Garden

catladysgarden
15 years ago

Hello RMG Friends,

Our 12th Annual Open Garden will be on Saturday July 12th from 8am until 4pm. The garden is an American Hemerocallis Society Display Garden with more than 4,000 daylily cultivars for your viewing pleasure plus many other perennials.

We are located at 15643 East 35th Place in Aurora, Colorado.That's near I-70 and Chambers Rd (exit 283). From I-70, turn south on Chambers Road. Right at the bottom of the bridge that goes over I-70, there is a traffic light. That's 38th Ave. There is a Burger King and a Diamond Shamrock Station. Turn east on 38th and go to Helena St., 1 block. Turn right on Helena and go to 35th Place. Turn left and you will find us on the left hand side of the street. We have 2 large Ham Radio towers on the property that you can see as soon as you enter the neighborhood. The garden surrounds those towers.

When we bought the property in 1982, it looked like what you'll see across the street, a field of weeds. It's still a work in progress. Everything there, we planted ourselves and some of the trees nearly planted us. It's been fun to watch everything grow up.

I hope lots of the Colorado folks can come. We usually have visitors from Wyoming and Kansas as well.

Let me know if you plan to be there. I'll look forward to meeting you if we haven't already met at one of the plant swaps. Refreshments will be served. If you need additional information, you can reach us at 303 366-9689.

Karen and Glenn

Here is a link that might be useful: The Cat Lady's Garden

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling