Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gjmancini

Sad, but the garden brings me peace

gjmancini
11 years ago

I lost my husband 10 days ago to liver cancer. My heart is broken, but my garden brings me peace. Thank you God for the sunshine, flowers, birds, bees and everything that makes up my little piece of paradise.

Comments (13)

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    11 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! You have my deepest sympathy, my gardening buddy.

Please ask for anything you need or want. I'm glad you have the solace of your garden.

Barb

• digit
    11 years ago

Oh, so sorry Gloria.

The garden setting can be very peaceful. I remember that you were putting a lot of effort into your new garden. That should have been time, well spent.

I hope you enjoy the lively little birds out there, too. They are so busy with their goings-on. Their songs can bring beautiful moments to our days.

Steve

• aloha2009
    11 years ago

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. Though you may have know it was coming soon, the reality can be devastating when it happens.

It's good that you still find comfort in the things you have always enjoyed. We can't always choose what happens in our life but we can often choose how we deal with it. You are a strong woman to have been dealt such a tremendous loss and be looking at the joys you still have around you.

• polygonum_tinctorium
    11 years ago

My deepest condolences on your loss.

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    11 years ago

I, too, am so sorry for your loss, Gloria. Our gardens are an amazing place to find peace and healing.

Perhaps when you're feeling up to it a little down the road, you, I, and Barb could plan to head down to Denver Botanic Gardens for a quiet garden afternoon sometime. With all of us up here on the north end it would be easy to arrange.

Thinking of you,
    Skybird

• mstywoods
    11 years ago

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of someone so close and important to you, Gloria. Any garden, but especially our own, can be such a wonderful sanctuary seeing the beauty and wonder of nature, and the sense of spirit and renewal. And working the soil can give us such needed therapy sometimes when we need it the most.

May the joy and renewal of your garden help bring peace and strength to your heart and soul.

Marj

• gardenbutt
    11 years ago

My thoughts are with you,Gloria....It is nice your finding the peace and a bit or a reminder that the circle of life continues with in the garden .....
    I teach grief therapy from our gardens here at the Happy house which is home to the Alan James Westerman Memorial gardens...That is our son 22 yr old who died 3.5 years ago..The gardens have allowed me so much wonderful healing times since his death...And has brought many others into our lives who needed the touch of nature...
    May you continue to find what you need as you heal along your grief journey...
    Hugs,Laughter,Light,Love
    Mary

• tomatoz1
    11 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about your deep loss. May your garden bring you peace and happiness. May the beautiful birds and their chatter bring you joy and healing.

• conace55
    11 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Gloria. I'm so glad that you're able to spend time in your garden. It's difficult not to feel God's presence when all of His creation surrounds you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Connie

• gjmancini
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. One day at a time.....Dee, the Botanic Gardens sounds good, pick a date and we can head down there. Love to all....

• catladysgarden
    11 years ago

Dear Gloria, You have my deepest sympathy. I'm so very sorry for your loss. My Husband died in 2010 and it's still like a big open wound. You're right. The garden does help. I planted a memorial rose garden for Glenn. That helped me too. I attached a photo of it. I hope you can come to my open garden. Karen

• sorie6 zone 6b
    11 years ago

So sorry for your loss.

• sayhellonow
    11 years ago

I am new to this forum, but wanted to add my condolences to you, Gloria, on the loss of your husband. There is a lot of sadness in our family because of an incident too complicated to explain here. But, like you, I have found a great deal of solace and comfort in the garden. Sometimes I go there alone and just let the tears flow. It's very healing!