Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leavin' on a jet plane!

Posted by skybird z5, Denver, CO (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 21, 08 at 13:32

Hi all,

Just want to let you all know that Im about to leave on my first (working) trip since January 8th! So I probably wont be posting a whole lot around here, but, as always, Ill be reading and keeping up with whats going on when Im home.

Im still having some trouble with equilibrium and a few other things, so keep your fingers crossed for me that this works! I so dont want to wind up back off work and sittin down here on the ground again.

Ill be checking all your gardens when Im going over them!
Skybird

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leavin' on a jet plane!

Glad you're feeling well enough to get back to work, although I can't imagine it will be a lot of fun on the plane with equilibrium problems. I hope everything goes well.

o

Blue skies Skybird. See ya when you get back.

o

Good luck, skybird. Take care of yourself and we'll see you soon.

o

Great news! Don't forget your helmet :-)

o

My garden would appreciate you towing a rain cloud over and leaving it overhead!!! Have a safe and blessed return to work.

o

Congratulations on receiving your wings again!

o

• Posted by skybird z5, Denver, CO (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 28, 08 at 22:16

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. Is so nice to have you all here for supportgardening and otherwise! I survived my first trip, a 4-day, in spite of hours and hours of delays and some pretty bad turbulence, and Im pretty sure its going to be doable. Did have some trouble with getting dizzy when I had to pull the carts up the aisle walking backwards!

Dafy, Im still looking for one of those green helmets, but, in the meantime, Im MUCH more inclined to sit down as soon as it gets bumpy! Ive been adequately frightened by my doctor and a few other people that if I get another head injury I could be a vegetable for the rest of my lifeand I dont want you guys showing up to water me once a week! And I definitely dont want you trying to pick meso Im being good!

Elkwc, we were in and around lots and lots of rain clouds, but I still havent come up with a system for hooking them onto the back end of the plane to get them back here! Ill keep working on it! But next time Im going over your area Ill dump a couple pots of coffee down the drain! Keep an eye out for a brown lump of ice coming your way!

Thanks again for the good thoughts everyone,
Skybird

P.S. Jali, is there still a move in the works for you?

o

I'm not sure this is a good idea!! If something happens, it could affect you in a lasting way. Sigh, I guess you have to do what you enjoy, but cant you stay in the terminal? Silly question, I know :)

I wish you good luck and lots of fun doing what you love.

J.

o

Skybird,

If you find out you're flying into SLC, I could dig up a Lavatera for you and meet you at the airport, especially if it was during my regular work hours, since I live about 40 miles from the airport but work on a few miles from it. I know you want one real bad!

BTW, I got word from Dereks that a few of his lavatera seeds finally sprouted. Sorry the seeds were such duds!

o

Good to see you are behaving, skybird. :)

Yup, painting walls and hoping the market improves and I be long gone from this place. The wheatgrass lawn and xeric plants should tempt someone.

o

Jali,

Where are you moving? I think you said once that you were from back East, didn't you? Are you heading back there? Good luck, whatever you do!

o

Hi Steve, no I'm a native Coloradon. Leaving the Lemon for the Big House of AZ.

o

Elkwc, we were in and around lots and lots of rain clouds, but I still havent come up with a system for hooking them onto the back end of the plane to get them back here! Ill keep working on it! But next time Im going over your area Ill dump a couple pots of coffee down the drain! Keep an eye out for a brown lump of ice coming your way! You give the same answer my cousin who flies and hooks those banners they pull over the major events. I think you are both cop out!!! LOL. Got within ten miles of us last night. Sure would help my garden. The brown lump will be so much better than nothing. Just let me know if you need any GPS readings to drop it by!!!!!! LOL.
Pray you continue to have safe and happy flights. JD

o

I was listening to old George Carlin records and at the beginning of his "high on a plane routine" says "Please return your stewardess to her upright position" (though now that would be flight attendant) - made me think of you :-)

o

I wish somebody COULD return me to the upright position right now, Dafy! Ive been off for a week with the flu! Apparently while I was sitting down here in the sterile earth air, I lost my resistance to the plethora of germs and viruses that are omnipresent in airplane air! This too shall pass! I am starting to feel a little bit better again, but I think its still gonna be a few days before I can stay in the upright position well enough to go back to workespecially since I now need to be super-duper-double-sure my head doesnt violently impact anymore airplanes! Keep sending "upright" thoughts in my direction! ;-)

Jennifer! NO! I cant stay in the terminal! I dont want to stay in the terminal! Who would ever want to stay in a terminal!!! The fun part is when youre catapultingin a hopefully controlled mannerthru the air at 500 miles per hour in a pressurized metal tube with a skin so thin you probably wouldnt believe it if you knew the thickness! THATS the part I want to be doing!

Steve, if I ever happen to get a layover there, it would be wonderful if you were able to bring some of the Lavatera to the hotel. I never did get any to germinate, but I still have seed left and will probably try again this winter if I dont get one by then. We rarely get long enough layovers to go to a downtown hotel anymore, so it would very likely be an airport hotelsince Ive been off, I dont know which one were staying at right now. Could you email me a phone number where I could leave a message just in case theres a change in my trip after I leave homeand my computer? Andtheres no obligation at all! If I ever let you know Im gonna be there and it doesnt work for youthat works for me. I appreciate youre even considering doing it!

Jali, I hope your house selling venture works out for you. Hate to lose you as a fellow Coloradan, but being somewhere where youre happy is SO important! Any chance youd make the "short" drive in for the Fall Swap before you leave us?

Elkwc, Ill just aim for the Kansas/Colorado border! What say I add a couple cans of soft drinks and a carton of OJ to the lump? Or maybe I could hook up one of those banners to the tail and cover it with velcro trying to snag some of those clouds! (Actually, I think there was a lot of weather out your way today. Were you lucky?)

Thanks again for the well wishes, everyone. At least getting the flu should have my immune system ramped way up and keep me from getting anything else for quite a while!

Skybird

o

Skybird hope you're able to take flight again soon. Know it is frustrating to just get back and get sick.
Anything that will make a liquid will be welcome. So far have received 4 tenths which we are very thankful for. Hopefully will get some more during the night. Have had 9 tenths in the last two months. The last 4 tenths really boosted my plants. Nothing like a rain water tonic. But surprisingly most of my plants are doing very well. Maybe if it gets started raining it will continue.
Happy flying and gardening. JD

o

Good for you,back flying! Was the flight full? Airlines are in the news these days....just wondering...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here