Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tedious weather

Posted by digit ID/WA (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 17, 10 at 14:01

i am sorry that some of you have had so much trouble with hail and thunderstorms. here, it is tedious weather . . .

the rain is coming out of montana and falling as snow in the pass. yesterday, some places nearby did not reach 50 and that will not happen, again today. records were set yesterday and probably, today . . .

i ran the water in 1 garden yesterday because the sprinkles from a dreary, gray sky just didn't seem to be enuf. ah, the smell of chlorinated water during a rain . . .

today's rain will make up for any imagined soil moisture deficits . . .

some garden plants won't be able to take this much longer. some were damaged by frost a couple weeks ago, most were damaged by wind thru the spring. green leaves have been available for harvest . . .

it could be worse. central oregon is under a freeze warning for tonight. there was an earthquake near white swan, wa, last night. didn't feel it here . . .

steve

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tedious weather

Steve, I've decided that every place has it's own particular weather woes. When I complained to my sister, who lives in northern Mississippi, about the hail and constant wind here, she says she'd give anything for a breeze. That they are having temps in the high 90's with humidity so thick, that it was hard to breathe, and physical activity outside was unbearable. A few weeks back, when I spoke with my brother in Tennessee, and was complaining about late frosts, he tells me about flooding rains, and that he couldn't even begin to get his garden tilled or planted.

I'm sure there is some place on earth with perfect gardening weather year round ... but I don't know anyone that lives there.

Bonnie

o

To right the unrightable wrong
To love, pure and chaste from afar
To try, when your arms are too weary
To reeaach the unreeeaaaachable star!!

S'
sun's shining . . .

o

Storms moving in from Montana this evening.

Luckily, they aren't this storm!

I'll take "tedious."

S'

Here is a link that might be useful: Billings' Tornado

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here