Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Enough wind

Posted by colokid 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 16, 11 at 17:28

Wind is 21 out of the East. Seems like every day the same on my poor tomato plats. I took the buckets of last week. though it was time for them to make it on their own. Could have been a big mistake. My "one every year" stupice is standing like a trooper and flowers. Still it will be at least 6 weeks before any to eat. The rest are raged looking. Makes garden in Colorado lots of fun. I have some in pots in the green house that "might" bare/bear/beer fruit.
Kenny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Enough wind

My larger veggie garden looks like 99.9% dirt, Kenny. There are wisps of green. The warm-season plants are out there - most at odd, wind-tortured angles.

We had a 40mph gust yesterday and 1/3rd inch of rain fell in the afternoon but, much of that must have been hail. Today, it had only reached 50F by 2pm but, I guess the thermometer made it to 54F later.

I'm a little tired of Junuary . . .

The Weather Service is predicting a slow warming trend. I have lots of greens and the potatoes look good, in the better-protected little veggie garden.

Steve

o

Yeah, I hear ya. I have my toms and peppers in pots huddled against the house. They get less sun there but at least the wind will be less likely to snap them in half.

o

My last WOW around the habanero got blown off today. We were at a function this evening and the wind was simply pounding everyone attending. I strung tree tie today to keep the onion tops from being snapped at the bulb, thereby stopping bulb production. Did a bike ride just as the wind came up, and a swarm of bees was struggling against the rising gusts in an interesting way. Anyway, seems pretty windy this year.

Dan

o

Nice to know that I am not alone. For some reason even the weeds are not growing.
Kenny

o

• Posted by mtny SW MT zn 3 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 17, 11 at 10:12

so green ...so wet...almost cant believe its still Montana...havn't yet had to irrigate anything... beyond occaisional spot watering....The rivers are bank to bank or over... most days not exceeding upper 50's or low 60's..some not even getting there...light hail last week twice and snow showers blew mostly graupel around a couple evenings including last night... lilacs just getting into full swing color in the garden is building but still early flowers dicentra, aubretia and myostis dominating with the tulips...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here