Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden advise on Good Day Colorado.

Posted by meteor04 5-Northglenn (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 24, 08 at 19:58

This morning in the 9 o'clock hour.

I didn't catch the guys name, or where he was from, but..

He had one pot maybe 10 gallon tops. He proceded to plant 2 tomato plants, a jalepeno, and a salsa pepper plant all in the one pot. Also, when he planted the toms, he buried them to the level of the potting soil from the cups they came from.

Thankfully, there are sources such as this board for getting proper info.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden advise on Good Day Colorado.

That sounds like a "salsa garden" in a pot.

Did you have some specific questions about what he was doing?

o

Bpgreen, I have an Earthbox that I just bought this year. It holds 2 cu. ft. = 15 gallons of potting soil. Their recommendation is no more than 2 tomato plants per container, and if they are indeterminates that is still pushing it. Two tomatoes AND two peppers in 10 gallons of soil, is just too many plants for that amount of space.

Bonnie

o

I got a square foot gardening success kit from Gardeners Supply and put a Sausage tomato in it this year. It came with special soil, and it's self watering so it stays constantly moist. The pot isn't that big, but I have to admit I'm impressed with it. My Sausage tomato is about the same age as several other tomato plants and gets the same treatment, but it's at least 50% bigger than my other plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here