Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mstywoods

a few plants I bought off craigslist

mstywoods
9 years ago

I was looking on craigslist for a couple of plants I wanted in order to replace mine that didn't recover well from transplanting and I was hoping, of course, to find them for free. Couldn't, but did find a deal on them and wanted to pass along in case anyone else is interested.

Found out this woman is selling them as her primary source of income (she's reached the age, like many of us, where it's been difficult to find a job). I guess she's been doing this for awhile. So her yard, front and back, is devoted to some plants that she offers for sale and will pot up for you. She has quite a few different plants - I purchased a hollyhock, yarrow, red hot poker and a feverfew (hadn't planned on getting this, but she threw it in for a buck so I took it). All for $10, and all a pretty good size. All her hollyhocks are $2 (and she has a wide range of sizes and several colors), the white yarrow was $2, the hot poker was $5, and the feverfew was $1.

Pic below of what I got.

If you are interested, a link to her ad is below (she is located in Wheat Ridge). She advertises she has Asters Day Lily Hollyhock Garlic Iris red hot pokers Larkspur Moon Flowers Mums Onions Peppermint Spearmint Pink and white yarrow Lambs ear. But she may have others as well. She's on a low budget, obviously, and the soil in the pots isn't nursery quality and a couple of pots were pretty wet at the bottom. But the plants looked ok and got them into the ground quickly so they should be good.

Here is a link that might be useful: craigslist ad for plethora of plants

This post was edited by mstywoods on Wed, Jun 25, 14 at 8:26

Comments (2)