Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skybirdforever

Our roses in 2009!

Hi all,

IÂm going to start a thread just for roses this year! Most of you know I donÂt have a lot, but it seems to me roses deserve a thread of their own! Jennifer, I saw your pretty rose pics on the Flowers in July thread, but maybe you want to post them here tooÂor come post some when you take more pics. I donÂt usually like the singles that much, but the Morden Sunrise you posted is sure pretty!

All (5) of my roses died down completely to the ground this past winter! When they started coming back this spring I was wondering if they were coming back from above or below the graft, but it seems they all came back from above the graft and none of them reverted to the root stock. Now that I know for sure they havenÂt reverted, IÂm kind of glad all the old canes died off! The new canes that have grown are much more evenly spaced and are looking really good.

HereÂs a pic of four of them the end of May

HereÂs a pic of the lavender one near the end of June, with the yellow and dark red in the background. IÂm surprised the lavender is as lavender as it is with the alkaline soil!

And hereÂs a closeup of the yellow one. Yellow has always been my favorite when it comes to roses. ItÂs Mellow Yellow!

The black (dark red) is Ink Spots, and IÂm not at all impressed with it! The outer petals are always dried out looking by the time the flowers are fully open. I donÂt know the names of the others! IÂve already cut them way back for the first time, and IÂll try to remember to get some more closeups when they start their second bloom.

Who else has roses to show off?

Skybird

Comments (4)