Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I came home yesterday to devastation. :((

Posted by katgardener 5b (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 11:22

I was in Indiana this past week, and on our second leg home yesterday I received a text from my garden buddy 5 minutes from my house saying that we had a rain/hail deluge parked over our neighborhood and to expect garden damage. I was worried, but never expected this. She tells me that in 20 years of gardening here in Colo Spgs this is the second or third worst storm that she has ever seen. I spent the evening in tears. Everything has been stripped. I haven't a bit of color left and looking out this morning I see so much green debris in my yard that I don't even know how to begin cleaning up. I'll post another picture of my back yard. I am heartbroken. I had put so many new plants in over the past month!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I came home yesterday to devastation. :((

Oh kat, I'm so sorry! We've had 3 bouts of hail over the last month.

Some things may come back. Clean up the debris when you can, it'll make you feel better to not have to look at it.

Trim up the damaged plants as best you can.

The good news is it seems some of the garden centers are marking plants down now. Not much comfort, but a bit.

Barb

o
RE: I came home yesterday to devastation. :((

Awwww! I'm sorry! My container plants fared much better due to the protection of the building, but they are not sure what to do with all this rain. Sorry for your loss! :((

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here