Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Check out my bloomers '10

Posted by highalttransplant z 5 Western CO (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 2, 10 at 13:11

Things are really getting going now, so I thought I would share some pics of my bloomers : )

Hemerocallis 'Wynnson' (from Catlady's garden)
Hemerocallis 'Wynnson'

Close up
Close up of 'Wynnson'

Gaillardia 'Goblin'
Gaillardia 'Goblin'

Lychnis chalcedonia
Lychnis chalcedonia

Hemerocallis 'Black Eyed Stella' with Asclepias tuberosa
Hemerocallis 'Black Eyed Stella' with Asclepias tuberosa

Hemerocallis 'Little Women'
Hemerocallis 'Little Women'

Hemerocallis 'Daphne Dale' (also from Catlady)
Hemerocallis 'Daphne Dale'

Lilium 'Commander in Chief'
Lilium 'Commander in Chief'

Lilium 'Dwarf Orange Pixie' (came from last year's Spring Swap, but I can't remember from who)
Dwarf Orange Pixie lily

... and this one is for Skybird. I took your advice and planted pumpkins and sunflowers all along the side of fence, on the empty lot next door.
Pumpkins and sunflowers

Hope you enjoyed!

Bonnie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Check out my bloomers '10

• Posted by jnfr z5b CO (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 2, 10 at 17:03

Beautiful!

o

Those are great, Bonnie!

Wonderful additions to your home and wonderful photo's here!

Steve

o

Gorgeous!!! Seeing those makes me want day lilies, too! ;^)

Marj

o

Thanks, guys!

Marj, every spring when there are clumps of grassy leaves everywhere, I ask myself why I allow them so much space in the garden ... and then they bloom, and I remember.

Bonnie

o

• Posted by gjcore 5 South Aurora Co. (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 3, 10 at 0:06

Nice Bloomers :-)

o

beautiful!

o

Bonnie,

Those are awesome, cant wait to see cat lady for fall swap....Great idea with the side lot.
gloria

o

Great pics, Bonnie! And Im delighted to see you finally decided to take advantage of all that "space" right next to you! And you planted all the way down the fence! Wow! You should have a bumper crop out there! (Maybe I can score a pumpkin when I come by there in September!)

In the pics it looks like youre not having as much of a problem this year with grasshoppers. Is that right? Ive found a few baby ones in my yard this yearwhich is pretty unusualand they get sprayed or squished as soon as I see them!

I love youre Little Women daylily! Wish I had room for more of them! My Wynnson is blooming now too. I got that one at the Fall Swap 2007, the first one I had at my house, and it was one of the leftovers that I decided to keep, but it was in the pot for all of 08 and most of last year! I finally got it in the ground last fall, and Im sure itll be way happier now!

I was looking at your Sedum kamtschaticum Variegatum behind the Goblin, and wondering, do you cut it down when its done blooming? If you havent in the past, you might want to try it. If you cut it all the way down, itll come back as a nice, little mound of pretty variegated foliage for the rest of the summer. I just cut mine down, and here are before and after pictures so you can see what I mean by "all the way!"

Its always fun to see your pictures! Well be looking for more!

Skybird

o

Hi Sky! Great to hear from you!!!

I'll be sure to put your name on a pumpkin : )

I did cut back the sedum kamtschaticum 'Variegatum' after that picture was taken. Not near as far back as you did, but enough to make it look neat and tidy.

A couple more daylilies started blooming today, but the sun is too bright to get a decent picture. I'll try to get a pic in the morning and post them.

Yes, I have lots of grasshoppers, but I didn't take any pictures of plants they have nibbled on. The kids have been catching the small ones, and feeding them to our Fire Bellied Toads, but they can only eat a couple a day, so it's not putting much of a dent in the population. Clearing the area next to the fence may have helped a little bit, but it's too early to know for sure. I put the Semaspore bait out again this year, but when the weeds in the empty lots surrounding our property dry out, they'll come to my little oasis in the desert : (

Bonnie

o

I posted some pictures of a lot of wintersown annuals and veggies, and I think most of them are different from the ones I posted here.

Just click on the link if you're interested in checking them out.

Bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: More pics of my bloomers on the Wintersowing Forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here