Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hi. I'm new :)

Posted by cinderspritzer 4 / Erie, CO (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 3, 11 at 15:46

Hi there. My name is Candice. I've lived in Colorado practically forever, but am only now really starting to enjoy gardening (and it's quickly becoming an obsession).

We bought our first house last summer, and this year I finally have made time to go out and attempt to get some order into the gardens the old owners left. In doing so, I have found 19 rose bushes. I only knew of 6 when I started, so it's been interesting.

We have something coming up out front, and from what I can tell, it's an iris of some sort. Won't know for sure until the blooms open, though.

I joined the forums because this is the most recommended site through my google searches. So yeah. Nice to meet you all :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hi. I'm new :)

Hi Cinder/Candice,

Welcome to RMG, our Support the Obsession forum! Glad you found your way to us, and glad you have some of your own dirt now to plant stuff in! :-)

Since you're taking over existing gardens, if you run into something you can't identify, there's almost always somebody around here to help figure out what it is if you post pictures of it. (And we love pictures even if you're not trying to identify something!!!) Let us know when you have questions or are looking for suggestions, and we hope you'll come join us in helping to answer others' questions and commenting on other threads. RMG is a fun and friendly place to share your burgeoning addiction with the rest of us addicts!

In case you haven't been lurking long enough to notice this, we have two plant swaps each year in the Denver Metro area. The Spring Swap was at my house in Thornton this year in May, and the Fall Swap this time will be in Castle Rock, date to be determined yet. If that's something you might be interested in, check out the Fall Swap '11 thread for more info. It's a great way to meet some of the friendly gardening folks who post here--and to get some free plants too!

Again, welcome,
Skybird

o

Nice to meet you, Candice!

Steve

o

I did see the thread about the swap. Most of the stuff in my yard is either easily identified, or ugly and has thus been torn out. I plant to try my hand at propagating roses this fall, so my attendance here should be growing greatly :)

o

Welcome to the forum!

o

Heya Candice. Welcome aboard!

o

Hi Candice, welcome!

Here is an idea, you might want to take some photos now so that you'll have a record of all the progress you'll make.

Have fun digging and planting.

Jennifer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here