Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pumpkin2010

Tomato Diagnoses?

pumpkin2010
12 years ago

My tomatoes appear to be afflicted with something, and I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction as far as a diagnosis. I thought the initial signs of this issue were from all the rain we were getting, and then someone suggested that it was because I wasn't pinching off "suckers" which grow from the branches of the stems (which I'd never heard before)...but the problem isn't improving, so I figure I should run it by the RM group at this point.

There seem to be two problems. I have 3 "Large Red Cherry" plants, one Early Girl, one Fantastic, and one Better Boy. All six plants have yellowing, curling, browning leaves around mostly their lower branches, with the branches eventually turning yellow/brown as well. The Cherry plants seem to have it worse than the others. What could this be and how do I remedy? It doesn't seem to be affecting fruit production. I have the decomposing variety of weed mat under the plants, but no mulch.

Some, but not all, the leaves also have some lacy spots appearing:

Fruit setting and ripening appears normal...with one exception! The "Fantastic" plant is putting out some seriously deformed fruit. It's lumpy! The other five plants have set plenty of normal fruit.

Thoughts???

Comments (4)