Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT/cross post - Grand Junction vacation advice

Posted by happytobehome (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 08 at 19:01

Hi!

I posted this in the Home Decorating conversations forum and it was suggested I cross post here, so......

We're headed to Boulder, CO soon for our semi-annual visit with the in-laws. In the winter, we head to a ski resort for a few days, and in the summer we try to make a side trip. We've been to Colorado Springs, Glenwood Springs, Telluride, Denver, Golden, Summit County area, etc...
This year, we're thinking about a trip to Grand Junction. If anyone lives in Grand Junction, or has vacationed there, I'd really appreciate any information regarding hotels, restaurants, site-seeing, outdoor adventures (biking, hiking, rafting, fishing) etc.... I understand there are a lot of wineries there also.

I'm open to other destination suggestions for side trips from Boulder too! We'll be staying over a night or two, but would like to keep the drive to a half day at most.

Thanks a bunch!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT/cross post - Grand Junction vacation advice

You might check out the hotel situation in Grand Junction - they're experiencing a major energy boom and decent rooms are in very short supply - we were up for a youth sports tournament in May, and even 6 weeks before, were unable to book a decent hotel. We finally found a hotel, but oh-boy.........

o

Glad you made it over here Happy. I'm bumping this so someone will see it. There are at least 2 people from GJ so hope they respond.

David is right, so much has changed over there and with this time of year there is the Wine Festival, Peach Festival, a huge week of country western stars and oil is moving in production heavily.

Perhaps a search for a B&B and definitely plan ahead. You can look at Fruita, Palisade or even go south a bit. If you consider white water rafting, call the companies and they can suggest hotels too.

o

Thanks emagineer & david52,

I have already found a hotel through hotels.com -- Hawthorn Suites. DH refuses to stay in anymore B&B's, and still refers to the last one as "The Bates Motel". Unfortunately the trip my be postponed a few weeks -- DH is working on a big case and might not be able to get away as planned.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here