Posted by meteor04 5-Northglenn (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 11, 08 at 19:49

Yay!

Photobucket

I LOVE Scallop squash!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: First (3) of many!

They are beautiful Meteor!! How will you prepare them?

o

Azura, there's a ton of ways to prepare them. Raw, stuffed, baked, steamed, grilled, fried...

Well check this link below for some recipes. The first one for "Stuffed Sunburst Squash" is Faboo!

Here is a link that might be useful: Great Scallop squash recipes

o

Hi Meteor. They look great. I planted a yellow scallop bush and I see lots of buds and plant is healthy and huge but nothing yet. When did you plant these? I planted around Mother's Day. Thanks.

o

I planted 1 and 2 weeks before Moms day (long story, did 2 seperate plantings). I mentioned in another thread that for some weird (and cool) reason, I've got female flowers from the begining. The yellow that gave me the 2 on the left already has like 4 more females, and the thing is huge!

Give it a couple of weeks, and you'll get them. Last year I had a smaller scallop patch, and we were still having squash with several meals every week.

o
Scallop varieties

Didn't want to start a new thread for this one, but I had mentioned that I have 5 varieties of Scallops. This pics shows a standard yellow, and 2 of the niftier types I'm growing...

3 Different Scallops

I've gotta save seeds from the Yellow plant, I've harvested 5 already, and there's 10 more females on that plant.

o

Punt!

Weird, tried to add this bit, and it's not showing.

o

Here are the first fruits of my labor from my mini mini garden. Snowy white eggplant, which was not bitter at all but delicious. Yellow butterstick zucchini, which really was buttery, yummy. and Ronde De Nice also delicious. Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: http://s342.photobucket.com/albums/o410/livenow2008/?action=view¤t=P7151301-1.jpg

o
First of mini garden

Trying to embed pic, lets see if this works?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here