Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bob_in_colorado

Save money watering your lawn....

bob_in_colorado
11 years ago

I used to be an old fashioned guy when it came to lawns. Water, fertilizer, weed treatments and that's all.

I tried Revive, but didn't like that you have to treat it every month or so, so I stopped using it.

Recently, I discovered a commercial wetting agent available in most cities. It's called EZ-Wet. It's a little cheaper than Revive, but here's the kicker, it lasts 3-months! I thought to good to be true, but I've tried it on my trouble spots and the difference is amazing. I was told its better than revive because it last longer, but it also has some micronutrients that fertilizers don't provide.

Like I had said, I've tried revive, the various lawn tonics you make at home, aerating a lot, power raking/dethatchng, watering the crap out of it, etc.

Nothing has made a difference like this stuff. The last heavy rains we've had we're about a week ago, my sprinklers were off before then. I haven't wateried in about 8 days.

No blue-green water stressed areas, no browning, my trouble areas are looking a lot better and thicker. Amazing.

The next switch will be over to a twice a year slow release fertilizer. Fertilize in spring and fall and that's it.

Comments (10)