Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
b2alicia

Hello Hello! I'm Betty and it's my first time here.

b2alicia
13 years ago

I just found this place and I am thrilled! I love talking about gardening, and I look forward to learning new tips.

And I just learned this year that I really have a green thumb! Almost everything I have tended this year is bursting with health, and taking over the flower beds.

I moved to this house in Oct. 06, and the thing that won me over was the BACK YARD. My previous home had a teeny tiny yard , and the neighbors all seemed like they were 5 feet from my little back porch. This house is on a 9000 sq ft lot, and I only have a neighbor on one side. It's wonderful.

The house is in a covenant area near Wadsworth and 92nd.

The house was built in 1996, and I am the third owner. The first owners, , from 1996 to 2001, were real gardeners...I think the back yard was professionally landscaped at that time.

The next people however, did NOTHING. So it took me a good 2-3 years to get it cleaned up enough for easy management. I have taken pictures through the whole process , and I will have to figure out how to post them.

Up to now, I have not added ANY new landscaping.... just did fine tuning to what was already here. But the north side of my lot is a real wind tunnel, and desperately needs a bed of evergreens before next winter. I have been browsing all kind of pictures online and books at the library to get ideas, and that is how I came across this message board. :)

So, I am very happy to meet you all , and look forward to happy gardening!

Betty

Comments (10)