Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hello Hello! I'm Betty and it's my first time here.

Posted by b2alicia CO (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 8, 10 at 23:28

I just found this place and I am thrilled! I love talking about gardening, and I look forward to learning new tips.

And I just learned this year that I really have a green thumb! Almost everything I have tended this year is bursting with health, and taking over the flower beds.

I moved to this house in Oct. 06, and the thing that won me over was the BACK YARD. My previous home had a teeny tiny yard , and the neighbors all seemed like they were 5 feet from my little back porch. This house is on a 9000 sq ft lot, and I only have a neighbor on one side. It's wonderful.
The house is in a covenant area near Wadsworth and 92nd.

The house was built in 1996, and I am the third owner. The first owners, , from 1996 to 2001, were real gardeners...I think the back yard was professionally landscaped at that time.

The next people however, did NOTHING. So it took me a good 2-3 years to get it cleaned up enough for easy management. I have taken pictures through the whole process , and I will have to figure out how to post them.

Up to now, I have not added ANY new landscaping.... just did fine tuning to what was already here. But the north side of my lot is a real wind tunnel, and desperately needs a bed of evergreens before next winter. I have been browsing all kind of pictures online and books at the library to get ideas, and that is how I came across this message board. :)

So, I am very happy to meet you all , and look forward to happy gardening!

Betty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hello Hello! I'm Betty and it's my first time here.

Hello, hello, Betty! Welcome to RMG! Were glad you found us!

There are lots of people around here who can help you with just about any kind of questions you can come up with. And if you happen to ask something nobody knows the answer towellwere good at guessing and making suggestions too!
;-)

When you try to post the pictures, if youre having a problem, let us know what picture hosting site youre using, and somebody will be able to tell you how to find the link you need to post them. If you dont have a hosting site yet, I use Picasa and I love it! (And thanks to the folks here at RMG, I even know how to use it!)

Again, welcome! And bring on the pictures and questions!

Skybird

o

• Posted by gjcore 5 South Aurora Co. (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 9, 10 at 0:31

Welcome aboard.

o
Thanks Skybird, Thanks gjcore!

Here's the link for some of my photobucket pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Back Fence

o

Welcome, Betty! Nice to meet you! We love pictures, so keep them coming, particularly of the wind tunnel area. It'll be fun getting suggestions on what to plant and design ideas.

Looks like your yard has good bones and you've done a great job clearing out the unwanted stuff.
We're glad to have a new member!
Barb

o

Hi Betty! Welcome to the RMG forum!!!

Yes, we do love pictures around here. Your backyard looks nice and spacious, and you've definitely taken control back there!

I can sympathize on the wind tunnel thing. The area between my house and my next door neighbors is on the northwest side of the house, and the winds are horrible over there. All of the plants on that side are a foot or more shorter than they are supposed to be. Unfortunately, it also happens to be where the garbage and recycle bins are located, LOL!

Bonnie

o

Hi, hi, Betty! Welcome!

You weren't kidding,that is a huge backyard.

I love your enthusiasm, by the way.

I hope you have fun "in" the forum and that you join us when we have plant swaps/meet-ups!

Jennifer

o

Welcome aboard!

This is a really friendly forum with lots of helpful people. I think you'll like it here.

o

• Posted by jnfr z5b CO (My Page) on
    Fri, Jul 9, 10 at 14:08

Yep, we'll talk about anything. Welcome, Betty!

o
Hi everyone! Thanks for the welcome!

More pics! These are of my back porch.

Here is a link that might be useful: back porch - 2006 - 2010

o

Welcome Betty, This is a great forum, I have spent about 5 years on Garden Web, its wonderful.

gloria

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here