Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Betty Ford Alpine Garden?

Posted by pixie_lou 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 0:51

Hi everyone. First thanks to everyone on this forum who helped me plan my trip to Colorado. We are here now and have been having a wonderful time. We just arrived in Glenwood Springs and are here until next week.

As I am planning our activities here in the Glenwood area, I was wondering about the Betty Ford Alpine Garden in Vail. I just realized that Vail is an hour from here. (I thought the gardens werexcloser) Is it worth the drive? We were just in Ouray. While there we drove up the 4x4 road to Imogene Pass and saw all the wildflowers in bloom up at 12,000 feet. Is the Alpine Garden more of the same? Or different?

Ive looked at the web site, but since I'm relying in crappy hotel wifi on an iPhone I haven't been able to watch the garden tour video posted on the web site.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Betty Ford Alpine Garden?

They've got a nice collection of conifer cultivars there.

Glad to hear you're enjoying Colorado!

o

We never made it to the alpine garden. We pretty much spent every waking hour with my brother and (now) wife. It was actually nice to take some time away from sight seeing and spend some family time.

o

I hope, when you get the time, you can share the highs and lows of your trip - did you make it to Monument Valley? And were we 'right' about the Four Corners Monument?

o

David - yes I do plan on sharing all the highlights and low lights of the trip. We did not get to Monument Valley. But you were"wrong" about 4 corners. We LOVED it! Especially that last 20 miles of the drive thru the desert. Remember - we are from New England. Desert is new for us. We also loved driving through the Comanche National Grasslands! It is just so unlike anything we have around here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rocky Mountain Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here