Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bpgreen

Personal status

bpgreen
12 years ago

I haven't been posting as much lately, and I apologize for that, but I've been going through some personal things.

My wife filed for divorce and moved out a few months ago. The divorce was finalized on August 12 and I got the word from my lawyer a couple of hours ago.

Comments (11)

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    12 years ago

bp, I'm sorry to hear it. I'm glad you let us know. I hope things are getting better now or will get better soon.

I've been kind of quiet myself here lately. We got back a week ago from taking my daughter to college and I'm in a bit of a funk.

Dealing with loss is hard, but less so when you share it. I know we talk gardening and plants, but we're also here to offer friendship to each other.

Take care and keep in touch.

Barb

• david52 Zone 6
    12 years ago

Been missing your wit, BP.

OTOH, can you now compost unfettered? (I hope that comes across as rueful humor)

• colokid
    12 years ago

You can never go back.
    So look to the future and make the best of it.
    Old man KennyP

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    12 years ago

Very happily divorced for thirty years here! Single way works for me! I hope it works out as well for you, BP--even if the "single" part winds up being only a couple years! But, even as long ago as it was, I very much remember how difficult it was going thru it, so, give yourself time, and remember to take care of YOU!

And I hope you'll be able to find time to come play with us again. Your wisdom and advice are always very much appreciated around here!

Take care,
    Skybird

P.S. TreeBarb! Garden, garden, garden! :-)

• digit
    12 years ago

Those are all good thoughts.

The 12th, eh? So very long ago it was the 12th of April and I'd thought it was suppose to be the 12th of Never.

I'd been run over with just about every change of mind that the wind could bring. It was so exhausting that there was a sense of finality and relief. I hope you find that too, BP.

Steve

• jclepine
    12 years ago

Wow, that was fast! I'm really sorry for the change, it can be difficult to go through. But, I'm kind of glad it didn't take forever to go through. Mine took way longer than I think it should have. Such a drag but what a relief once it was complete.

Wishing you a sense of freedom and relief.

Jennifer

• msfuzz
    12 years ago

Mine was finalized July 19th, so I'm officially single for a month now. Even though I'm glad it happened, it was NO FUN AT ALL to go through. Like Skybird said, make sure to take care of you. I'm having to learn all over again what it means to do things just for me, things that make me happy, not things that make other people happy. And I also have to remember that getting/being divorced doesn't make me any less of a person. Hang in there, BP. We're all here for you, even if it's just to say hey, or to listen. *hugs*

• xaroline
    12 years ago

Divorce was a traumatic event in my younger days, but I now count it as
    one of my luckiest days. I went on to a good relationship with a person who really cared about me.
    Happier and better days are ahead for you.
    Caroline

• amester
    12 years ago

Hang in there, BP. We're all thinking of you.
    Amy

• Dan _Staley (5b Sunset 2B AHS 7)
    12 years ago

It doesn't seem like it now, but better times are ahead. I'm the poster child for that. Hang in there.

Dan

• billie_ladybug
    12 years ago

"Its always darkest just before the dawn." It will get better. I have been fortunate as to not go though divorce, but we were really close a few times. It's hard, but with good friends and good hobbies, you will come through shining.

Billie

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio