Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
b2alicia

Plant Swap Day and Time- Vote Please!

b2alicia
10 years ago

Happy Saturday Rocky Mountain Gardeners!

In the other thread, we narrowed it down some, but here, let's get a real count of what works best for the most people. I'll give a short list of a few different days, and just indicate which day works best for you. I'll also include a couple of Sunday afternoons... maybe that will open up some more times!

And by the days, I'll list a few times too. Just indicate which one you like the best, and I'll add them up. In your choices, try to consider that dear Catnohat, who got the threads going!, cannot do early afternoon on Saturday September 28th.

Saturday Sept 28th

11:00 am

4:30 pm

Sunday Sept 29th

1:30 pm

Saturday Oct 5th

11:00 am

Sunday Oct 6th

1:30 pm

Thanks!
There are still several weeks until the first date, so there's enough time to play around with scheduling the date if we need to.

Comments (25)

• amester
    10 years ago

Either Saturday at 11 works best for me. One vote down!
    Amy

• Skybird - z5, Denver, Colorado
    10 years ago

Absolutely any of those dates and times work for me! I agree with Barb on the other thread that the longer we wait the less likely we are to have warm weather, but, on the other hand, the weather in Denver is always a crap shoot, and we could have a Snow Day in August, or a Beach Day in October, so whichever day it's gonna be, I think we all just keep our fingers crossed and pray to the Weather Gods!

Since Cat took the initiative to start the thread, I definitely think her vote should have more weight than the others, so, Cat, which date(s) work best for you?

I don't think Amy has been able to make it to a swap for a couple years now, so if you want to put in a specific vote for me, I'd pick one of the Saturdays!

Skybird

• catnohat
    10 years ago

I would prefer Saturday the 28th at 4:30 or Sunday the 29th at 1:30.

Thanks for caring!
    Cat

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    10 years ago

You bet we care, Cat! And Amester, too!

Keep in mind we're losing a minute or two of daylight each day, so it'll be dark by 6:45pm.

That'll keep us focused and moving along, lol!

I vote for the 28th at 4:30pm (1st choice) or the 29th at 1:30pm (2nd choice).

Barb

• kvenkat
    10 years ago

As far as I can tell, any of the dates will work for me. I have missed 3 swaps in a row and don't want to miss this one!

• mstywoods
    10 years ago

Any of the dates/times works for me at this point, except for the 29th - can't make that day.

Cat - I know you said 4:30 here, but in the other thread, you said 11 would be a good time for you. Does that still work? I ask since Amy mention that time being good for her, and I think we'd all like to try to find a date/time that works for both of you so you'd both be able to come!

• catnohat
    10 years ago

That's fine with me. What about you Barb? can you do 11:00? I just need to know about 3 weeks ahead of time, so I can request that 1/2 day off!
    ~Cat

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    10 years ago

Cat and all,

Yes, the 28th at 11AM works for me!

Barb

• lizbest1
    10 years ago

Count me in, too! 28th at 11am sounds great!

• polygonum_tinctorium
    10 years ago

I can probably re-arrange my schedule to be able to attend early on 9/28. Later than noon is my preference, but I will do my best to make it work if we're on at 11. I'd definitely like to see amester, kvenkat, skybird, and other long-time forum people who've missed recent swaps to be able to attend!

• catnohat
    10 years ago

So, it seems people are using different threads to talk about the date and time for the fall swap. I am open to whatever, I just need to know soon, so I can get my work schedule to work around it.

Thanks
    ~Cat

• b2alicia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry if there was confusion! It seemed easier to me for a while to keep the tallies here.

I should mention at this point that I'm really not a very good cook. :(

It might be a good idea to brainstorm a bit about food items, since we're thinking of easy and fast.
    I can definitely volunteer to provide several cases of bottled water...
    My neighborhood has recycle pickup, and I can designate a certain spot for the used plastic bottles to go.

I'm looking so forward to it! And if anyone is sure they will have to miss, please let us know, and I bet someone will be happy to help you with your swaps!

Thanks to everyone!

This post was edited by b2alicia on Wed, Sep 4, 13 at 0:39

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    10 years ago

b2alicia,

Tallies should stay on this thread. No worries on the food, we have some good cooks in our ranks.

So are we ready to finalize the date and time? Cat needs to know for work and I'm sure others do, too. The 28th at 11:00am?

Barb

• b2alicia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Plant Swap- Saturday, 9/28/13. 11:00 am

Yep, Barb, that's the day! I'll be grateful if a few people could arrive early for set-up.

• amester
    10 years ago

I should be able to come early and bring a couple of menfolk with me to help - let me see what I can work out with the boys. ;)
    Gardeners are such nice people - I'm feeling kind of like the boat-tipper but am really happy so many people were able to work out a time together.
    Off to post on the swap thread!

• mstywoods
    10 years ago

Thanks b2 - it's on my calendar :) Sounds like you'll be getting plenty of help, as I can come by early as well. Will you be sending us pm's with your address? Eventually we can start another thread for the food choices. I'm glad too, Barb, that there are some good cooks coming - I'm not the best either, b2 ;) I can usually put together some simple fixins ok, though, and then of course there is always Costco for the quick resort if all else fails!!

Marj

• popmama (Colorado, USDA z5)
    10 years ago

I'm flexible. I just tend to like Saturday Sept 28th and either time works for me. But it looks like everyone agreed on 11:00.

• gardenfiend
    10 years ago

OH GOODIE !!! I haven't missed the swap! YEAH ! I'm in ! Any day / time works for me! I think I can come early to help. I'll keep checking to see what else we need to bring. I don't cook that much either but my favorite helpers are "Allrecipes.com", "Just a pinch".com, And "Instructables".com! Anything you need help with will be on one of those websites or maby on all 3 ! C-YA, Carol %): >

• mayberrygardener
    10 years ago

We're moving on the 28th, so we probably won't be able to make any of these dates, bummer! Another number is that we no longer have any of the plants from this spring's swap, because we did manage to sell our house and we're kind of homeless so couldn't take any of our plants with us. However, we're getting a great new yard and lots of areas to plant, so we'll be looking for lots of goodies in the spring, maybe even to host! How does everyone feel about an Arvada location. .. whoa, there I go, getting ahead of myself!

• b2alicia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Looking so forward to the fall swap! Just a week from Saturday!

This is the cleanest my yard will be since I moved in 7 years ago.

:)

How should I get my home address to the people who are attending?

• b2alicia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just thinking about all the rain last week, and I wanted to ease your minds... the weather won't be an issue for the swap!

Luckily, I have lots of room inside to spread out, plus the covered patio, but I will need some help with a few items:

- 3 or 4 folding tables
    - depending on how many people can come, 15-20 folding chairs

I will have enough paper plates, napkins, etc. and I can supply water to drink.

I confessed somewhere that I'm not a very good cook.
    :(
    So I could order pizzas if that's everyone's first choice and we could just split the cost, or if pot luck works best, that would be wonderful too!

What do you think?

Betty

This post was edited by b2alicia on Fri, Sep 20, 13 at 1:12

• nunchucks
    10 years ago

Thanks so much for hosting Betty! I skimmed read this and see that the swap is happening next weekend am I correct? Waiting for confirmation on a morning appointment at the opposite end of town so I could be a wee late but planning to come. I'll check to see if the potluck is in favour with everyone. If so and it's about lunch time, I'll bring a pie or 2 of quiche depending on what the final count is. Hopefully I needn't have my appointment that way I can fresh bake the quiche the same morning. Betty - I think we could send you our emails via gardenweb and you can then mass mail everyone back with your address. You'd have to activate that feature in your profile I believe...maybe someone here knows the details of it better than me. I am excited since I've missed this past Spring swap and have never been to a Fall swap.

• b2alicia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi sugaralice!

Yep, the swap is a week from this Saturday. Thanks for the info about the mass emailing.... I went to my profile and I think I fixed it so that I can receive everyone's email via gardenweb.

Looking forward to seeing you! So sweet of you to offer to cook... and quiches! Yummy!

• b2alicia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Amester!
    "I should be able to come early and bring a couple of menfolk with me to help - let me see what I can work out with the boys. ;) "

That would be just great!

This post was edited by b2alicia on Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 13:38

• b2alicia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi everyone!
    If you go to my profile page, there's an email thing where you can send me your email address. That way, I can reply to you with my home address and phone number.
    Thanks,
    b2